Be Afraid! [Treebros]

Evan walked through the park, clutching his binder tightly to his chest. Why did his tutoring lessons have to run so late? Now he had to cross the park in the dark. He shivered and pushed his shoulders up, hiding in his scarf. God, it was so cold. He squinted in the dark and yelped when he stumbled over something.

"Ow..." he mumbled, picking himself back up and dusting his pants off. He grabbed his binder and straightened, only to squeak when he realized there was a boy in front of him.

"Boo." The boy said in the most monotone voice Evan had ever heard.

Evan blinked. "Um, hello."

The boy frowned at him. "Why aren't you scared?" He demanded, brow furrowing.

"W-what?"

"I'm a ghost! I'm terrifying!" He wiggled his fingers and grinned. "Be afraid."

Evan quirked a brow. Okay then. With a stiff nod, he sidestepped the supposed ghost.

"Hey! Wait!"

A cold hand encircled Evan's wrist, anchoring him. Evan tried to tug himself away, but the grip was like iron.

"Please don't leave." The boy said softly. Evan watched with wide eyes as the boy literally floated over. "You're.... you're the first one who's seen me in a long time."

Evan swallowed when the boy's eyes turned sorrowful. "I, I really have to go home." He stammered.

With more force than he knew he possessed, he yanked himself away and ran home.