73 [New Year's Kiss]

73 [New Years Kiss]
Description: At Josh's New Year's Eve party, you reunite with one of Josh's close friends, Lewis Redman, who you hadn't seen in years, and he ends up being your New Year's kiss, thanks to the plan that your friends put together.
Author's Note: Happy New Year everyone! In case you weren't aware, the following list is what the abbreviations are: Y/N = your name, Y/N/N = your nickname, Y/B/F/N = your best friends name, Y/B/F/N/N = your best friends nickname.

• • •

As I walked downstairs with my best friend (Y/B/F/N), I pulled my dress down slightly. "Jesus, I didn't think the party would be this packed already," Y/B/F/N said, laughing, "but let's get drinks. I'm ready to get wasted!"

I laughed and she dragged me to the kitchen where the music was quieter and there were fewer people. She poured out two drinks.

"Y/N!" I heard a familiar voice say. Turning around, I was met with Freya and two of her friends, Gee, and Talia. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you for ages!"

"I was upstairs getting ready with Y/B/F/N. You know what she's like," I laughed.

"Hey!" Y/B/F/N slapped my shoulder playfully and handed me a drink.

"You know I'm joking Y/B/F/N/N," I laughed.

"Anyway, someone wants to see you," Freya told me.

"See me? Why?" I asked as she dragged me to the doors that lead into the garden. "Frey, it's freezing outside!"

"It's not that cold," Freya argued.

"Yeah, well you've got long sleeves on, I'm in a dress."

Freya stopped in front of four guys, one of them being my brother and another was his best friend, Tobi. "Hi Josh, Tobi," I smiled at them, hugging myself to warm myself up a bit.

"This is Y/N?" The taller one out of the two other guys I didn't recognize said, in shock.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion, looking at Josh for help. "Y/N, this is Matt, from high school?"

My mouth dropped. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't recognize you!"

"It's alright," he laughed it off and gave me a quick hug.

I looked at the guy beside him and my heart picked up speed; he was gorgeous. We stared into each other's eyes for a second before Tobi spoke.

"Y/N, this is Lewis," Tobi said, snapping me out of it, while Matt nudged Lewis out of his daydream state.

"Hi, Lewis." I smiled at him.

"You alright?" Lewis said. "Been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to go back inside because I'm freezing. It was nice seeing you both again," I smiled.

I went back inside with Freya, the warmth instantly hitting my skin again. "What was that?" Freya asked as soon as we were inside the house.

I walked over to where Y/B/F/N, Talia and Gee were stood, talking. "What was what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You and Lewis," Freya questioned.

"What about him?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink.

"You both stared at each other for a good minute," Freya replied as if it was obvious. Y/B/F/N, Gee and Talia were all suddenly interested in the conversation.

Ever since I told Freya about my ex-boyfriend three years ago, both her, Y/B/F/N and Gee had been trying to help me find a boyfriend. They succeeded a year ago, but I didn't have a romantic connection with the guy they attempted to set me up with. We agreed on being friends, however, haven't talked since.