Chapter 12 - Caught

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

As the elevator doors opened, Weiss and Yang became even more uncomfortable. Weiss' eyes darted around the room, and eventually looked up and down at General Ironwood. Yang simply rocked on her heels whistling an awkward tune. Qrow shoved the body of students forward and they stepped out of the elevator. Ironwood looked at the group with disinterest and Glynda rolled her eyes at the students getting into trouble on their first day. Gizmo walked over to Crane, while the students looked over at Crane and the other two clones in skepticism. Gizmo stood at attention in front of Crane and gave him a proud salute.

Gizmo: "Sir! Reporting for duty."

Crane chuckled at Gizmo's proud attitude even after going through all that he had.

Crane: "At ease Gizmo. I see you brought some...friends?"

Gizmo relaxed his posture and scratched the back of his neck from underneath his helmet.

Gizmo: "Yeeaahh...I guess...."

Glynda: "You have some explaining to do."

Gizmo: "I don't believe I do."

Qrow: "What were you kids doing at the bottom of the elevator?"

The students froze and each of them tried to think of various ways to dodge the question. Ruby decided to be the "bold one" and step forward.

Ruby: "Uuh we, sorta...wanted to know what was going on?"

Yang: "Yeah, the headmaster of Atlas Academy shows up to Beacon and we find this strange dude in the forest? Tell me that isn't just a little peculiar."

Jaune: "She does have a point..."

Ozpin hummed to himself and tried deciding what to do. Since these were the next generation of heroes, it's only fair he tune them in on what is transpiring at their school.

Ozpin: "Very well then. Since you've clearly demonstrated that you intend to find out what you desire, I'll let you in on our little meeting."

Qrow: "I'd hardly call it little, Oz. This is some pretty big stuff..."

Crane: "It doesn't matter. They've already heard most of it."

Weiss and Yang looked at Crane in fear and shock.

Yang: "W-what are you talking about?"

Weiss: "Yeah! W-we didn't do---"

Crane put his arms out in front of him trying to calm the two girls down.

Crane: "Please, please. No need to explain. As Ozpin said, I can understand your curiosity."

Crimson: "But you know what they say about curiosity and the cat..."

Yang and Weiss gulped at Crimson's comment. Crane started walking over to one of the Atlas guards standing by the elevators. The Atlas guards looked at each other in confusion and slight fear, but nevertheless allowed Crane to approach. He put his right hand on the Atlas guard's left shoulder.

Crane: "If you'll turn around for one moment."

The guard looked at Ironwood who simply nodded back.
Atlas guard: "A-alright...."

The guard turned around and there was a small, round, dark gray colored device behind his right shoulder. It was no bigger than a thumbtack, and no one could spot it unless they were looking. Crane pried the device off with two of his fingers, then proceeded to walk toward Yang. He took her hand and placed the device in it, causing a slight blush to emerge on Yang's face.