Chapter 5 - Worlds Collide

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

The fleet had just completed it's first jump to Dagobah on the long route to reinforce the 187th Legion at Sullust. Currently, things were quiet on the bridge of the Shadow Hand while the fleet's hyperdrives recharged and the next jump was plotted. The Jedi from before was on the bridge as well, along with Captain Cross and several other men with markings on their armor. A trooper in regular white phase 1 clone armor came and handed the Jedi something.

Clone: "Commander Crane, here's the battle report you requested."

The Jedi reluctantly took it, unsure if he'd like what he read over. As if the Force answered his prayers, the 187th Legion seemed to be holding out.

Crane: "Glad they're doing okay so far...just hang on a little longer guys."

As if the Force was trying to counteract Crane's mood, the alarm sounded on board the Shadow Hand and lights flickered red everywhere. People started running around getting to battle stations, troopers and officers alike. One of the clone officers shouted from the front of the bridge back toward Crane.

Officer: "Sir, enemy ships coming out of hyperspace!"

Three Separatist Munificent star frigates and two Recuscant destroyers came out of hyperspace in formation in front of the fleet. Vulture droids and Tri-fighters were flying in wave after wave at the fleet's now broken formation. The Pride of Kuat and the Blockade Buster were engaging a Munificent, but failing miserably.

Cross: "They caught us completely off guard sir! What do we do?"

Many thoughts were flowing through the young Jedi's head. Did they run? Did they fight? Did they surrender?

Crane: "Running is probably the best option we have..."

Crane: "Captain, signal the fleet to execute an emergency jump back to the station."

Cross: "Sir, the Blockade Buster's hyperdrive is disabled. They won't be able to make the jump."

Crane: "There goes that plan..."

Crane hated to make calls like the one he was about to, but no one in this war gets the promise of safety or comfort. So he made the choice.

Crane: "Order the Blockade Buster to hold them back while we can jump back to the station. Tell the Pride of Kuat to stay on our port side and jump back to the station."

Cross was slightly taken back by the order at first, but also understood the details of the plan and obeyed his order.

Cross: "Sir, yes sir!"

The battle continued to rage. The Blockade Buster had been completely destroyed and only one of the Munificents have been destroyed. However, the now destroyed Blockade Buster managed to lure the enemy ships away from the Shadow Hand and Pride of Kuat. Since the enemy ships were larger and slower than the Republic ships, it bought enough time for the hyperspace calculations to be made. An officer signaled Crane that the jump was ready to be made.

Officer: "Sir, calculations complete! Awaiting confirmation to make the jump to lightspeed!"

Crane turned to the officer and nodded his head to him. The officer turned back to his computer terminal and started the jump to lightspeed.

Officer: "Commencing hyperspace jump now!"

Unfortunately, a squadron of Hyena droid bombers managed to make it to the remaining ships and damage both of the navicomputers on board the ships. The ships were hit hard and sparks were flying out of almost every computer and electronic system on both of the vessels. People were knocked over onto the deck and some were too badly thrown about to not be killed or heavily injured. The officer on board the Shadow Hand tried to shut down the hyperdrive to avoid being blasted into oblivion, but had no success.

Officer: "The navicomputer has been hit! The calculation data is corrupted!"

Cross: "If we go into hyperspace, it's all over!"

Crane: "Officer, try and lock it down!"

Officer: "The reactor is overheating, I can't shut it down!"

Crane knew where this was heading, but even though they may not survive he gave the order anyways.

Crane: "All hands, brace for turbulence!"

As the ships made the unavoidable jump to lightspeed, they found out they were heading into the unknown reaches of the galaxy due to the corrupted navicomputer data. After about five minutes of being in lightspeed, an engineer managed to sever the connection that linked the hyperdrive to the control systems, rendering the hyperdrive inactive. Luckily, they managed to drop out of lightspeed right before they hit a large broken moon above what appeared to be an inhabited planet. However the engineer wasn't quick enough and the Shadow Hand's starboard side was hit by a fragment of the moon, causing explosions and violent decompression all across the starboard side. It also knocked out two of the starboard engines and sent the ship down toward the planet. Nobody had enough time to get to the escape pods at the speed the ship was traveling, so they just held on as tightly as they could. The Pride of Kuat wasn't as lucky though. It never exited hyperspace and resulted in it crashing into the planet at lightspeed. As the Shadow Hand started to burn up while entering the atmosphere of whatever planet it was about to crash on, Crane, Cross, and the remaining clones on board all tried to brace themselves as the ship impacted the land at a high velocity. Once the ship hit the ground, the entire crew was rendered unconscious. The ship was now halfway under the sandy hills of a desert...and just barely missed a dusty crow watching the whole event happen.

Before The Crash - Remnant

A certain black-haired scythe-wielder was sitting on a cliff in the desert doing one of his missions for Ozpin; the nature of it being classified. He decided to take a break and admire the view of the stars. It wasn't often he got away from large cities or even villages, so seeing the night sky in it's purest form was a privilege.

Qrow: "Aah....it never gets old seeing that sky..."

Qrow took a shot from his flask and put it away before laying down on his back to rest for a bit.

Qrow: "I just wish...things didn't suck so much..."

A shooting star danced its way across the night sky while Qrow simply watched in relaxation. Qrow laughed like a five year old child at the shooting star, partially because he was drunk.

Qrow: "Hey look...another shooting star."

Said "shooting star" only began to get bigger and bigger. And also brighter. Qrow recovered quickly from his drunken state and barely had time to dodge the football stadium sized fireball that just obliterated the cliff and the hills around where Qrow once sat. Qrow simply got off the ground from where he landed from dodging the large object. His face was one of pure confusion and shock.

Qrow: "What...the hell...WAS THAT?!?"