Chapter 22 - Destiny

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

Cinder charged at Crane who simply jumped to the side as she flew by. As she flew away, she threw two fireballs back at Crane who jumped over them as they struck the ground and caused a fiery explosion. Crane leapt off of various piles of rubble to try and reach Cinder above the blazing inferno. She decided to indulge him and fight him in close-quarters combat. Cinder used her powers to materialize her machete and swung downward vertically at Crane who countered by using one of his saber's blades to change the direction of the machete.

Crane: "What?! That machete should be cut in half... Probably those powers of hers. I need to be extra careful."

Cinder tried to kick Crane's chest but failed when he used his elbow to knock Cinder's leg back to the ground. Crane retaliated by using the Force to push Cinder away so he could have some time to get a hold of Cinder's fighting style. Little did he know, Cinder was doing the same thing.

Crane: "She prefers using her powered attacks over standard close-quarters combat... I'll use that to my advantage."

Crane and Cinder distanced themselves from each other. The duo began walking in a clockwise-fashion opposite from each other around the remains of Ozpin's tower. Crane's eyes were focused on Cinder and Cinder looked back with a venomous frown.

Cinder: "It's sad he can only fight with his sword. He'll be easy prey."

Crane rapidly spun his saber with his right hand, creating a circle of green next to him. Cinder growled at Crane and charged at him while materializing another machete in her free hand. Crane quickly stopped spinning his lightsaber and held it horizontally across his chest, blocking the two machetes that were about to swing down onto his shoulders. To make sure Cinder didn't try and use one of her machetes to stab him in the gut, Crane rotated his saber clockwise and Cinder flinched in response to the aggressive move. When Cinder recovered, she barely had enough time to observe Crane finishing a backflip with his saber lined up vertically in front of him. His feet stomped onto the ground as he landed, and he lunged forward and tilted the bottom end of the saber upward towards her left eye, creating a massive gash that ran upward from her left cheek to her forehead. Pain filled Cinder's mind as she let out a blood-curling scream from the absence of her eye.

Cinder: "You...you'll die for that!"

Crane grinned and let his saber rest at his side.

Crane: "Unlikely."

Suddenly, three gunships rose from the bottom of the tower in a triangular formation. The two on the sides surrounded Cinder with spotlights and aimed their weapons at her. The one in the middle turned to the side as the doors of the troop hold slid open. Inside was Qrow, Glynda, Gizmo, Crimson, and two other clones. Sparrow could also be seen piloting the LAAT they were in.

Sparrow: "Attention hostile intruder! This is your first and only warning! Stand down or we will open fire!"

Cinder: "Not today."

Cinder made a pushing motion toward the ground with both hands before a tornado of flame encircled her for a few seconds before disappearing along with Cinder herself. Ruby was still in shock at what just happened, but snapped out of it and ran toward Pyrrha. The occupants of the LAAT also landed on the tower and they gathered around Crane.

Ruby: "Pyrrha! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!"

Qrow: "That was a tough fight, kid. Good job."

Pyrrha gave a pain-filled chuckle before she answered them.

Pyrrha: "I'm okay, and thank you. I can't take all of the credit here. Crane also helped a lot."

Ruby's mood changed from one of concern and fear to one of excitement and curiosity as she began to rapidly bombard Crane with questions.

Ruby: "Yeah that was so cool! How did you do that?! Is it hard?! When did you learn to fight like that?! What's that sword made of?! Can I try it?!"

Much to everyone's surprise, Crane didn't move or say a word.

Qrow: "Uuh...you okay there kiddo?"

Crane looked up at the stars and then back to the group.

Crane: "Yes, however we have many unanswered questions. Speaking of questions...one of mine appears to have been answered."

Glynda: "What do you mean?"

Crane pointed toward the sky. Right as he did, a shadow covered the light of the moon.

Qrow: "Woah."

Gizmo: "Reinforcements have arrived!"

A Venator Star Destroyer along with the Shadow Hand and two Arquitens light cruisers were flying in formation above the academy. Gunships and starfighters were being launched from the cruiser, landing in the city providing aid to civilians and clearing out Grimm and White Fang alike. An LAAT landed at the tower and three clones with green markings running the length of the visor of the helmet, shoulders, and arms exited the ship. In addition, the hand armor was entirely green. One clone stepped out with much more green on his armor. The line on the helmet was increased in width and there was now green on the cheek positions of the armor. An equally wide line of green went down the center of the torso and merged with a horizontal line running around the armor just above the belt. The upper leg armor and elbow armor is also entirely green, and the hand and lower arm armor are entirely white. The men approached Crane, Gizmo, and Crimson and gave a salute.

Crane: "Welcome to Remnant, Commander..."

Gree: "Gree. It took us a while to get here, but we're glad to have found you commander. General Unduli is aboard the Tranquility. She wishes to speak with you in person."

Crane and Qrow looked at each other for a moment before giving an answer.

Crane: "If it's alright with you commander, I'd like to bring Qrow and Glynda. They're...consultants. They know a lot about this world and I think it would be a wise idea to have them assist me with giving a report. Plus, I have questions I'd like to ask them anyways."

Glynda: "Wait just a moment. I didn't agree to coming along with you. I still have to protect the city from further attacks."

Gree: "General Unduli has already taken care of that. We have multiple platoons searching the city. They'll rescue survivors and take care of any further hostiles. For now, you've got nothing to worry about."

Crane looked at Glynda and gave her a reassuring grin.

Crane: "Trust me, I've heard a lot about the 41st Elite Corps. They're not going to back down so easily. Defending allied worlds is one of their specialties."

Gree: "And diplomacy is another. We shouldn't keep the General waiting."

Crane: "Agreed. Crimson, Gizmo."

Crimson and Gizmo stood at attention and answered their leader.

Crimson: "Yes sir?"

Crane: "Help the 41st out as much as you can. Coordinate search and rescue efforts and make sure Cinder doesn't try anything else."

Gizmo: "You got it boss. We'll see you later."

Crane nodded and began to approach the LAAT.

Crane: "Let's get going."