Chapter 49 - Prophet

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

Was this it? Was this the destiny the Force had planned for Crane? Whatever destiny was lying in wait for him, he couldn't simply give up. Struggling to keep is watery eyes open, the boy stared daggers at the damaged Droid that was now floating in front of him with its engines, creating the only sound in the area other than the sounds of his shaky breaths. He held his lightsaber down at his side, waiting for the Droid to make its move. After what felt like an eternity of anticipation, the Droid opened up the missile ports on its shoulders and launched four missiles at the wounded Jedi. Expecting this, he slowly sprinted at the missiles.

Crane: "Only four to dodge..."

Right as the first projectile was about to impact with him, Crane grabbed the front of the missile and subtly used the Force to prevent the explosion from happening until he let go. Spinning around, he used his momentum to redirect the missile to the ground near him. As the next two approached, the brown-haired teen knelt down and moved his hands outstretched to the missiles, using the Force once again to make the missiles collide with each other. The last missile was about to impact with Crane's face until he brought his lightsaber up to his chest and positioned it directly vertical to his face. Slightly leaning the blade forward, the missile was cut in two and both pieces flew right past his head before exploding behind him. What he was not expecting was the Droid to fly right toward him from the smoke created by the second and third missiles. An even bigger surprise was delivered to the Droid's torso by a familiar red and golden javelin, causing it to fly back even with its engines still activated. Crane turned around to notice a familiar redhead with green eyes holding out her shield, and he couldn't help but get slightly angry that Pyrrha had ignored what he said to do.

Crane: "Pyrrha I told you to-"

Crane was interrupted by more coughing and blood coming out of his mouth. Hunching down to the floor in pain, Pyrrha sprinted over to help her friend.

Pyrrha: "-get Ruby to safety, and that's what I did. She's safe with Gizmo."

Crane sighed with relief that Ruby and the others were okay, but he was still upset at Pyrrha for leaving them to come back. He diverted his weary blue eyes from the blood on the ground in front of him to the dark green eyes of his friend and furrowed his brows.

Crane: "I told you to run as well...and not to look back."

Pyrrha: "Crane..."

She put her hand on his shoulder and helped him to his feet.

Pyrrha: "You saved me at Beacon from Cinder. Now I'm returning the gesture."

The robed boy sighed, knowing that convincing Pyrrha to go with Ruby wouldn't work this time, considering it didn't work well the first. Smiling slightly, he turned back to face the Droid which was now dispensing electricity sparks and smoke from the various damage it has received.

Crane: "Well then...since I can't stop you from staying, you ready to do this?"

Pyrrha: "As ready as ever."

Crane nodded in affirmation and prepared to attack. The Droid managed to restart its engines and was once again hovering in the air in front of them.

Crane: "Alright then...let's do this!"

Pyrrha instantly used her polarity semblance to attract Milo back to her, causing the Droid to get dragged along with it. Crane knew what she was trying to do, so he used the Force to push the Droid back, causing Milo to violently rip itself out of its torso which added to the damage. Seemingly pissed, the Droid raised its blades and began charging at the duo who responded by raising their weapons to defend themselves.

Crane: "Alright then you broken down tin can...come and get-!"

The Jedi was interrupted when a massive beam of green energy came from the sky above them...and completely vaporized the Droid resulting in a large crater forming below where it used to be.

Crane: "Holy..."

Attempting to locate the source of the blast, they looked up in the sky to see a man with short light brown hair, a neatly trimmed beard, and light green eyes. Judging from his size and the facial hair, he could only assume the newcomer was at least twenty five to thirty years of age. The man was wearing gold armor that had ribbing going horizontally across the front. The armor had glowing light green lines on it that extended from the stomach area and wrapped around the shoulders. He also wore arm and leg armor that shared a similar style. What Crane noticed the most however was a golden ring with a green gem in it that glowed more intensely compared to the armor. The man floated down to the ground as Pyrrha and Crane approached him to thank him for the save. Once he landed,

Pyrrha: "Well...I can certainly say you know how to make an entrance..."

Crane stopped in front of the man and brought up his hand to shake his new ally's.

Crane: "Indeed. Very impressive show of force."

The man responded. His voice was definitely that of one who was matured. It was deep, and mildly gruff.

???: "Thanks."

Crane: "It's been a while since-"

What followed completely caught them off guard. Crane's eyes widened in pain and air escaped his lungs due to the man punching him square in the stomach. This was followed by a swift kick which sent him flying back into one of the walls surrounding the destroyed village, and quickly fell unconscious. Pyrrha didn't have much time to react either, because she too was sent flying by a roundhouse kick. She however was not as worn out as Crane and swiftly landed on her feet.

Pyrrha: "Who are you? Why help us only to attack us?!"

???: "My name...is Prophet. All you need to know is that I will stop at nothing to finish what I started."