Chapter 59 - Hanging Onto Hope

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

Yang strolled through the hallways of the Reliant, mindful not to get in the way of any cleanup operations for after the battle. Troopers both walked and rushed down the corridors and various commentary exited the mouths of the genetically identical soldiers. Most of it was just operations jargon for the cleanup, and some of it were questions about the next assignment the crew would go on. Eventually she reached the elevator and entered it, selecting her destination on the white and blue pad to the side of the cabin. As she pressed the button that indicated the bridge as the exit location, the elevator began to whir and the lights flickered as it ascended. After about a minute, she finally reached the bridge and the doors of the elevator opened. There was some damage evident to the bridge. Some consoles were only slightly damaged with a few lights and buttons missing while other consoles were completely totaled. Luckily there seemed to be no casualties or bodies left around. The lilac-eyed girl began to look around the room for General Sinalla, and eventually found her standing at the side of the room the holotable was located in. Yang strolled over, not needing to dodge any more troopers since the bridge was a larger space and less occupied. Sinalla glanced over at Yang and left the trooper she was working with to his business.

Sinalla: "I assume Commander Jackett told you to come see me?"

Yang walked over to the holotable and leaned against it.

Yang: "Yeah. He told me you needed to talk to me about something."

Sinalla strolled lightly over from the operations console to the opposite side of the holotable. Her hand moved to a small white button on the edge. When she pressed it, a holographic image of an all too familiar planet. Yang's brows raised in surprise, as she had completely forgotten about her original mission.

Yang: "So we're heading back to Remnant?"

Sinalla: "Indeed. We still have to find my brother, and return you home."

The doors behind Sinalla that lead to the forward section of the bridge swiftly opened revealing Cross, obviously waiting for this conversation. The Clone Captain entered the room and took position besides the General.

Sinalla: "I also have further news. The Jedi Council and the Chancellor have authorized a secret Republic outpost to be established on Remnant to further strengthen its defenses against the Separatists. Cross here has told me about some rather dangerous encounters with Separatist forces in orbit of Remnant. The 101st and the remainder of the 204th will be garrisoned at the base."

Sinalla expected Yang to say something rash, but the huntress just stood there, silently looking around the holographic planet. After a moment, she looked back at Sinalla.

Yang: "As long as you don't mess with any of my planet's governments and population, we won't have a problem. I know I don't speak for any of those nations but...I think it would be a smart idea to keep to yourselves unless there's another attack from these Separatists."

The light-haired Jedi nodded, then she pointed at a location along the equator of the planet.

Sinalla: "We will be establishing a base somewhere near the original crash site of the Shadow Hand. I believe it's south to the nation you refer to as Vacuo. Very lightly populated, but not entirely empty of hazards."

Yang: "That would probably be the best spot. We're going to find Crane first before you make the base, right?"

Sinalla: "That would be appropriate. I don't want my little brother and his men to lose hope. The base can wait until we find them. We should be able to find him in about a day, and the base can be done in two."