Chapter 2 - Beacon Academy

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

Ruby was on her way to Beacon, Professor Ozpin's academy in one of the giant airships with lots of other students. One of these students was her half sister, Yang Xiao Long. Yang was older than Ruby by two years, making her seventeen. This also made Ruby the only fifteen year old currently attending Beacon Academy. Yang hugged Ruby very tightly, squeezing the air out of Ruby.

Yang: "Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!"

Ruby: "Please stop."

Yang let go of Ruby and began praising her.
Yang: "But I'm so proud of you!"

Ruby: "Really, sis, it was nothing."

Yang: "What do you mean, it was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees!"

Ruby: "I don't want to be the "bee's knees," okay? I don't wanna be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

Yang: "What's with you? Aren't you excited?"

Ruby looked down to her feet with a bit of nervousness.

Ruby: "Of course I'm excited...I just...I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything."

Yang walks over to the right of her sister and wraps her arm around Ruby.

Yang: "But you are special."

Yang and Ruby turned their attention to the screen on board the airship to see a news report of the incident Ruby stopped.

News reporter: "The robbery was lead by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa."

Lisa: "Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted---"

The screen suddenly turned off, rendering the viewers aboard the airship confused. Then an image of the Huntress Ruby was saved by from last night appeared.

Huntress: "Hello, and welcome to Beacon!"

Yang: "Who's that?"

Glynda: "My name is Glynda Goodwitch."

Yang: "Oh."

Glynda: "You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

The hologram disappears and Ruby is awestruck of the view out of the window. The other passengers on board also take notice of the view.

Ruby: "Wow!"

She presses her hands against the glass and begins to rant to Yang.

Ruby: "Look, you can see Signal from up here! I guess home isn't too far after all!"

Yang walks over to Ruby and puts her hand on Ruby's left shoulder.

Yang: "Beacon's our home now."

Yang and Ruby hear a slight gurgling sound, so they turn to the right and see a young blonde boy with a silver sword and shield covering his mouth trying to contain his lunch. The boy then turns around and starts limping his way past Yang and Ruby, trying even harder not to explode.

Yang: "Well...I guess the view isn't for everyone."

Ruby: "It was a nice moment while it lasted."

The ship began to descend to Beacon while Yang and Ruby finished their conversation.

Yang: "I wonder who we're gonna meet."

Ruby: "I just hope they're better than Vomit Boy. Oh, Yang, gross, you have puke on your shoe!"

Yang: "Gross gross gross!"

Ruby: "Get away get away! Get away from me!"

And with that, the ship landed at Beacon Academy, and Ruby takes one step closer to becoming a Huntress.

Somewhere in the galaxy...

It had been two months since Open Circle Fleet along with the 501st Legion and the 212th Attack Battalion had defended the Kaliida Shoals medical station against the threat of the Malevolence. Three V-19 Torrents roar past the medical station where a Republic fleet is anchored. The fleet consisted of a pair of corvettes, the Pride Of Kuat and the Blockade Buster. The lead ship was an Acclamator class assault ship, named the Shadow Hand. The 204th Infantry Brigade operates the fleet, and is currently at the station recovering from their previous engagement in the Outer Rim. The war against the Separatists isn't going well for the Republic even considering how early in the war it is. A clone trooper walked into the bridge of the Shadow Hand and handed a tablet of some kind to a man in dark brown robes, but also wearing clone armor. The man took it and was revealed to actually be a just boy, most likely in his teenage years around the age of sixteen or seventeen.

???: "Thank you trooper, that will be all."

The trooper salutes the boy in robes and begins to return to his work. The boy looks with distaste over the report on the tablet. It mostly consisted of strategic analysis reports preformed by Republic specialists, as well as some casualty reports and manifests for the fleet's continued service. The most disappointing thing on that list was the progress report in the Outer Rim sieges. The 327th Star Corps had almost been completely wiped out by Separatist forces over the planet of Quell. If it weren't for the 501st Legion coming in to rescue them, the battle would be lost. The boy pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation, but also some relief.

???: "How is it we can win almost every battle yet still be losing the war..."

???: "Sir?"

The other person was a clone trooper captain of some sort. He had two dark gray lines going vertically down the front of his helmet and wore a dark red command pauldron. Red was the Republic's ranking color for captains or other front line commanders. He also had a large black X mark on his chestplate and two dark red lines running down his thighs. The boy looked back at the captain and responded to his question.

???: "Nothing, captain. Just tell me when we're ready to go, will you? And please don't tell me any of that "we're missing some supplies" like what our luck normally is. We're scheduled to regroup with General Windu and the 187th Legion by tomorrow night. Let's not keep him waiting, Cross."

Captain Cross as he was now identified, saluted his superior and continued his work.

Cross: "Yes sir!"

Something told the boy that he'd have a long journey ahead of him.