Chapter 34 - Reunion

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

Crane, Gizmo, Crimson, and Razor Squad were walking through the Mistral forest. Star had picked up life readings on his scanner, and luckily they weren't Grimm. After about an hour walk from the encampment, they found a stone path that lead out of the forest. They walked along the path in single file for another hour before finding a village. It was peaceful. There were no signs of any Grimm, so people were going about their business buying things from the vendors or moving things around for the village supplies. Since they'd just been through yet another catastrophe, Crane decided to give himself and his followers a break.

Crane: "This village seems nice. We'll rest up here for a bit before we keep searching..."

As they walked in a group to find a hotel or inn of some sort, Crimson asked Crane what it was they were searching for.

Crimson: "Uh, sir. Not to sound ungrateful for allowing us to stick with you, but what exactly are we looking for?"

Crane: "A few old friends."

Gizmo: "Oh, like those ones?"

Everyone turned to see Gizmo pointing at Ruby and Team JNPR who were talking to who appeared to be a village elder. He wore a red robe with a tan undershirt and green beads around his neck and waist. He had a small beard with gray hair and brown eyes. He was currently shaking Ruby's hand and congratulating her on something. Gizmo was about to start walking over and yell until Crane put his arm out, telling Gizmo to wait a little bit.

Elder: "We truly can't thank you enough."

Ruby smiled and gave a two-finger salute to the man.

Ruby: "Just doing our job, sir!"

Elder: "That Geist had been plaguing our village for weeks. We were beginning to wonder if we had to relocate."

Ruby: "Well, we are on our way to Mistral...you could always come along with us if you don't feel safe."

The elder chuckled a little before graciously declining her offer.

Elder: "I take it you're not from these parts... Anima is a large continent. I'm afraid our people would never survive the long trek to Mistral. It may be safer in the kingdoms, but we prefer our way of life. I just wish we could pay you more."

The man looked down in regret in not having much to give to the heroic travelers. Ren spoke up and made sure everything was okay.

Ren: "Our previous arrangement is more than sufficient."

Pyrrha: "Thank you for your hospitality."

The five children bowed and walked toward a weapons shop. Nora suddenly yelled at the top of her lungs, nearly breaking every window in the village.

Nora: "HEEEEYYY! Look who it is!"

The other four students looked at Nora and followed her gaze to Crane's team which was standing about twenty feet away. Gizmo waved while everyone else just stood there. Crane was happy, so all he did was smile.

Gizmo: "Hey kiddos!"

Pyrrha: "Hello again!"

Jaune: "Crane?!"

The two teams walked over to each other and gave handshakes. The most akward of handshakes was when they tried to give Scar a handshake, he just stood there like a statue.

Crane: "It's good to see you again Ruby. I keep saying I'll be leaving, but somehow I always end up back here."

Ruby giggled a little bit and then responded.