Apologies

So...obviously this story hasn't updated in a solid few months, and for that I apologize. I feel like I've written myself into a hole regarding the plot of this story. There's just so much RWBY content it feels like this would probably become more like homework rather than a hobby. Originally when I started this story back in 2018, my goal with this story was just to practice literature for shits and giggles and see how good at it I might be. For a fan fiction, this has become ten times more popular than I expected it would. My goal with this story after deciding to get serious with it was to provide a solid crossover that wouldn't need to rely on any person watching either Clone Wars or RWBY in their entirety, chapter one of this story being an example of this. They'd only need to know parts of it, and the basic concepts. That being said, obviously I've strayed off of that original course. I skipped over Volumes 1, 2, and 3 completely, and from a reader's standpoint, I feel like there's a lot that never gets explained or just happens out of nowhere, such as when I jumped from initiation to the Fall of Beacon. From the standpoint of the author and someone who's watched both RWBY and Clone Wars all the way through, it's easy to piece together what happens. Currently, I feel like I'm in the middle of both perspectives. This story so far focuses on Crane's arrival on Remnant, Ruby's journey through Haven, and Yang's adventures with the Republic. However, I've completely skipped over the character arcs of Blake and Weiss, so much to the point I feel like when they finally reunite at Haven Academy, it will seem like they've just come out of nowhere from the standpoint of a reader who knows nothing about RWBY and Clone Wars. Currently I've just mentioned events that have happened in Volume 2 whether they're mentioned via dialogue or just the standard text. I'm trying my best to establish new lore while also respecting the original, and also keep finding ways to make the two universes compatible with each other. I feel like the latest chapter is a perfect example of how I'm doing that. A challenge I've faced is making it so that the two universes don't directly interfere with the historical events of the other. Order 66 happened as intended, the Fall of Beacon still happened, Pyrrha still dies (albeit later than it originally happened), and I've added a new villain to be a bridge between the RWBY universe and the Star Wars universe. You don't see the people of RWBY going out into the galaxy and messing with historical events, just as the people of the Star Wars universe don't (exactly) change the outcome of any historical events of RWBY. In oversimplicity, I feel like I'm rushing the story so much to where I end up skipping over content that may or may not be important. The fact that RWBY is now almost three to four volumes ahead of this story worsens it, because there's still so much ground to cover. What's even more challenging is that Rooster Teeth has announced that there will be TWELVE volumes of RWBY. Another reason I haven't been writing as much is because I'm trying to spend more time with my friends, along with running four game servers, one of them being for Minecraft and the other three are for Garry's Mod. There are things that need my attention almost constantly, which takes time away from writing stuff like this story. To put it simply, this story has NOT BEEN ABANDONED. I'm just busy doing other things. Thank you for reading, if you've read this chapter in its entirety. I hope you all look forward to the next chapter!