Chapter 61 - Resurrection

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

Was Crane alive? No...he couldn't be, could he? Not after sustaining that many injuries from both the modified Droid and the brawl with Prophet. As he floated there, many more questions besides the simple one of whether or not he was alive were flowing through his head. A small light illuminated the area around him, only to reveal more blackness, if that makes any sense. An ominous, female voice spoke from beyond the abyss. The tone of the voice was one of confidence, and trust.

???: "Crane."

Crane looked around, obviously finding nothing.

Crane: "Well that was pointless."

Crane: "You know who I am?"

???: "We do..."

Crane raised an eyebrow.

Crane: "We?"

Another voice spoke out. This voice was male, and sounded aggressive and mischievous.

???: "Yes, we. We were like you, from beyond this world."

Crane: "And who are you two, exactly?"

Alana: "My name is Alana. I was a Jedi, like you. It has been thousands of years since anyone from the larger galaxy has come to the world of Remnant."

Crane: "Wait...I'm not an idiot, I've read enough of the temple archives and Blake's books to know about a situation like this. If you are...were, a Jedi, then that means-"

Viken: "Yes my child. I was Sith. I died on this planet fighting Alana millennia ago."

Crane: "Wait a second, doesn't that mean I'm dead too?"

There was a moment of uneasy silence before the two ghosts continued.

Alana: "Not entirely."

Viken: "I take it Ozpin is up to his same old tricks?"

Crane was taken back by that question.

Crane: "Wait, wait...what do you mean? How do you know Ozpin? You said you died thousands of years ago."

Viken: "Yes, I did."

Crane: "Then how-"

Viken: "Will you shut up and let me explain?"

Crane stopped talking and frowned slightly.

Viken: "Remnant has an unusually high amount of Force energy despite supporting a civilization. Thousands of years ago, my master sent me to this planet to try and harvest the large amount of energy. When I arrived, I had discovered Alana was already on the planet."

Alana: "The Jedi Council had sent me on a mission of exploration. During my travels, my ship was damaged and I crashed here on Remnant. Parts of my ship were reverse engineered and used in what you know as the Atlesian Kingdom, which is why their technology level is much more advanced compared to the rest of Remnant. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective, they never managed to achieve hyperspace or subspace communication technology which prevented them from connecting with the larger galaxy."

Viken: "That is why I was surprised to find a Jedi on the planet. My master and I had assumed that only we knew of this planet. I had landed there to discover that Alana was in league with the individual you know as Ozpin. She and the old man were doing their best to heal the kingdoms and its people when they were injured by the Grimm. When I confronted her and Ozpin, they destroyed my ship so I could not escape. Alana and the old man had bested me, but I wounded Alana enough to where she would die as well. It just so happened to be me to go first."