Chapter 16 - Fairy Tales

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

The members of Razor Squad dashed back to the cliff side where they had climbed up. Sure enough, the grappling hooks were still attached to the ledge of the cliff. Swiftly, each member descended down their ropes discretely, not wanting to attract the attention of anyone or anything. Once they reached the bottom of the cliff, Scar made hand signals to order his squad to form up and follow him. They all nodded or gave thumbs ups, and they proceeded back to the extraction point. The plan was that an LAAT would be stationed in the forest waiting for the squad to return with the data. They jogged for a good amount of time with no danger or encounters along the way. Sure enough, the LAAT was there waiting for them. The squad wasted no time in boarding the gunship. Once they were in the doors swiftly shut, and the LAAT ascended and began its trip back to the Shadow Hand. Back at Beacon, Ironwood finally arrived to his ship, and was concerned to see his guards unconscious. He began to wake up his men roughly. The men quickly woke and stood up to salute their superior.

Soldiers: "S-sir!"

Ironwood: "You mind explaining what just happened?"

They looked at each other before one of them responded.

Soldier: "Uhh...we both got hit by a flash of blue light, s-sir."

Ironwood gave them a puzzling look before turning to look at his ship.

Soldier: "Should we investigate the ship sir?"

He gave no response to the soldier and simply walked into his ship.

Soldier: "Sir?"

As Ironwood reached the inside of the ship, he cautiously and thoroughly looked around. He activated the computer console and sifted through the various programs and data currently running. The soldiers simply stood there and watched him search. After about a minute or so, Ironwood shut off the terminal and looked around one last time. He turned to the soldiers and gave them their next order.

Ironwood: "Probably just a first year playing a prank on you. Kids in Ozpin's academy nowadays are strange to begin with...mount up. We're leaving."

Soldiers: "Yes sir!"

The door to the ship closed and it ascended back into the sky. Once it was high enough, it activated its state of the art Atlas engines and began its trip back to Atlas.

A Few Months Later - Ozpin's Office

A couple of months had passed since the discovery that Remnant was no longer alone in the universe. Team RWBY had been on various adventures and had adapted themselves well to life at Beacon. Presently the students were preparing for the Vytal Festival, a celebration of the ending of a war in Remnant's history.

 Ironwood made his way back to see Ozpin and discuss what fairy tale had come true this time. Much to Ozpin's and Glynda's dismay, Ironwood had also brought his fleet along with him. They were unsure whether or not it had something to do with the Republic or just protection during the upcoming Vytal Festival. Ozpin was sitting down at his desk with a cup of coffee and Ironwood with a cup of his own.

Ozpin: "The small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned."

Ironwood: "Concern is what brought them here."

Ozpin: "I understand travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult."

Ironwood gave Ozpin a sincere and concerned look.