Chapter 60 - 66

Bold Font - Time/Location

Italic Font - Thoughts

The galley of the Reliant was abuzz with activity. Men of the 101st drinking and eating with each other, laughing, and reminiscing over past battles. Multiple lines were visible at the galley where the Clones would receive their meals from the kitchen Droids. Currently in line was Yang and Cross, standing side by side.

Yang: "How much longer do you think it'll be until I'm home?"

Cross: "Eeh, hard to tell. Since Remnant is still new to the navicomputer, safety regulations say we can only achieve a certain speed limit to get there in case of any unknown obstacles. That way we can quickly drop out of hyperspace and we'll have more time to dodge whatever is in the way. Because of that, I'd say roughly another twelve hours or less."

Yang: "Gotchya. So, what's on the menu?"

Cross took a look at the menu above the counter where the kitchen Droids were buzzing about.

Cross: "I don't know what your tastes are like, but I'd personally go for the fried Bantha sticks with--"

The room fell dead silent. Yang looked around, and what she saw was eerie to say the least. All of the Clones weren't moving anymore. They weren't talking or interacting with one another. Some of them placed their hands on their heads as if they were having migraines. Yang frantically looked back at Cross, who's eyes were now almost completely dead inside. She felt afraid to even tap him on the shoulder.

Yang: "Cross?"

The alarm sounded. All the Clones jumped up to attention almost immediately as the alarmed sounds. They rushed around, grabbing their weapons and helmets and swiftly running out the doors of the messhall.

Yang: "What is going on here...?"

Yang was still clueless as to what was happening, so she tried her best to get Cross' attention.

Yang: "Cross?! What's going on?!"

The words that came out of the captain's mouth were...weren't, like his. Almost like his entire personality changed through some unknown cause. He sounded aggressive, but also...tired.

Cross: "We need to go. There's no time to explain. Get your weapons ready."

Cross enclosed his head with his helmet and began to jog out of the door. Yang didn't know what to do. It's not like she had any reason to mistrust Cross, right? He helped her team out back at Beacon, and he tried to help her find Ruby until she decided to come aboard the Reliant. So she went along with it. The two followed the rest of the men to a meeting room of some kind. Obviously not the entire crew was there, but there had to be at least two hundred troopers in the same room. At the very center of the room was Commander Jackett. It looked like he was about to give some kind of speech. There was no need to tell everyone to quiet down to hear him, as hardly anybody was speaking at all.

Commander Jackett: "Listen up men because I'm only going to say this once. General Sinalla has been marked for termination under Order 66. Under this directive, any and all Jedi leadership must be eliminated for treason against the Republic."

Yang's lilac eyes widened in horror.

Yang: "What?!"

Commander Jackett: "Any soldier that does not obey this order will be terminated themselves. Is that understood?"