Chapter 25

"Jen I-I" he stutters.
"You lying piece of shit!" I shout "you said you didn't have feelings for her"
"I'm sorr-" he begins.
"Save your bullshit apology, I don't want to hear it" I say before flinging the door open and walk out.

"What's wrong pretty lady?" Drew says and I shove him out of the way. I head for the front door, by now tears are running down my face. I glance into the living room seeing the girls all dancing or talking to guys, I head outside trying to hide my face so no one will see that I'm crying.
I walk over to a part of the garden that's dimly lit and sit on a small wall that surrounds a flower bed. I take some deep breathes, I didn't think I'd be this upset.
I take out my phone and open WhatsApp because I don't know who else to talk to but Shawn.
"Ugh hello?" He says after a few rings.

"Hi are you busy?" I say shakily.

"Jen what's wrong?" He says sounding worried.

I sniff before saying "I don't want to cut into your family time but I'm having a crappy night"

"I'm actually at my apartment and don't worry I always have time to talk" he says and I smile a little. "So what's up?"

"I'm at this stupid party and I was going to the bathroom and I saw this creepy guy so I tired to hide but I ended up walking in on Will and and" I break down in tears.

"Was he with his ex?" Shawn asks softly.

"Yea, and I don't know why I'm so upset I thought I was over that idiot" I say.

"You just need time Jen and he's a jerk for hurting someone as great as you" he says and I let out a small laugh.

"Shawn who are you talking to?" I hear a girl say in the background.

Shawn quickly covers the mic on his phone "Ugh give me a minute" I can just about make out Shawn say.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"It's no one" Shawn says and he sounds guilty.

"Do you have a girl over at your apartment?" I say and he doesn't say anything. "Oh my god" I say with a laugh, because if I didn't laugh I think I'd scream right now. "Here I am phoning you blubbering about my ex being with a girl and you're with one too" I shake my head.

"Jen" Shawn pleads.

"I'm so pathetic, I'm sorry I disturbed your night" I say.

"Jen-" I hear him say but I hang up.

Now I don't know what guy I'm crying over, my ex who's I thought I'd lost feeling for or the guy I know I have feelings for. I sit there for a while just staring ahead wondering how the hell I ended up in this situation. I miss my sister Jess more than anything right now, she is exactly who I'd run to in this situation but I can't.
I text into the group chat and tell the girls I don't feel well and I'm going to head back to Clara's, the walk back is short and extremely cold I retrieve the house key from under a flower pot.
I remove whatever makeup I haven't cried off and get into bed.
I look at my phone lock screen notifications.

Will: 'Jenny I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings are you okay?'
______________________________________
Alice: 'text when you get back safe x'
______________________________________
SM: 'I'm so sorry, I feel like an idiot. When you're ready to talk I'm here'

I reply to Alice and inform her that I'm safe in bed but I don't bother opening the other two notifications.
I wonder if I really should even be upset, after all Will and broke up almost 2 months ago and Shawn and I aren't even together so he can have girls over if he wants. I lay in bed trying to make sense of my emotions for a what feels like an eternity before I drift off only to be woken not long after when the girls arrive home at 3am, I pretend to sleep when Grace comes to check on me.
I wake in the morning and get up because I'm starving, I change into my jeans, grab my keys and drive to the local shop and get some food to make a fry.
As I'm frying the sausage and bacon a Grace appears.