Chapter 4

"Hi is this Miss Jenny Matthews?" A lady asks.

"ugh yea that's me"

"I'm calling about a competition you entered a few weeks ago, I was just wondering where you live?"

"Oh okay, I'm from Northern Ireland" I say, wincing knowing that that was me eliminated from the prize.

"Okay I just had to make sure, you were chosen but unfortunately because of your location we are forced to give the tickets to the runner up, I'm sorry this was a fault on our side but in our terms it says we cant exceed a budget so that the charity gets as much of the donations available"

"Oh" I say feeling bad for being annoyed, it is for charity after all.

"Sorry again Miss Matthews" just as she's about to say goodbye.

"Hold on wait! How badly am I over budget?" I blurt out.

"Oh well quite a bit, maybe twice the amount" she says.

"Well what if I go on my own?" I didn't have anyone to take anyway, Grace is going interrailing around Europe, Clara and Alice had summer jobs and Lucy refuses to set foot on an airplane.

"Well I'm not sure I will have to look up the flights" I can hear her typing and I wait.

"I'm sorry Jenny but with the concert happening in three weeks the prices are just too high"

"Okay well what about a one way ticket?" I say before thinking.

"Are you sure? You must bae a big fan" She says a little shocked. "Hold on one second" I hear her set down the phone. I am so embarrassed that she thinks I'm some crazed fan, when in reality I do really like Shawn and his music but I also really want to get away from here for a while and a somewhat free flight to Canada sounds ideal.

"Ive talked to my manager and we can pay for the flight here and then the left over money we can transfer to you to subsidise your flight home which you will have to book yourself?"

"That sounds perfect!" I say doing a little happy dance.

"Okay so everything else is paid for, the hotel, the VIP ticket and the flight here" she says and I can here her typing furiously.

"Okay" I say.

"Well Miss Matthews, you're going to meet Shawn Mendes".

___________________________

Short but necessary chapter :)