Chapter 10

I close the empty pizza box and yawn.

"You tired?" Shawn asks. I look at my watch it's only 7pm.

"A little but I can't sleep yet unless I want to get up at 3am!" I laugh.

"But yea I'm gonna go get changed so that when I get really tired I can just go straight to bed" he nods and I get up, I change into my pyjamas which are just some oversized cotton shorts and a washed out band tee I've had for years. I brush my teeth and wash my face, my hair was looking pretty messy in my braid but it would be fine until the morning. When I get back into the living room Shawn has the tv on watching some comedy show, I sit down again.

"Anything you want to watch?" he asks

"No not really" I laugh, I actually was in the process of watching 5 different Netflix shows because I always get bored half way and start a new one.
I look at my photos from today before trying to pick a few to put on my Instagram, I can't decide on which ones to use so I ask Shawn.

"Uhm definitely that one and that one, and you sorta have to put that one cause it's Toronto's main landmark" he picks put 5 photos and I upload them.

"What's your Instagram?" He asks. I look up from my phone.

"Uhm jennymatthews3 all one word" he types on his phone and then I get a follow request but it's not from the official ‪Shawn Mendes‬ profile I accept it and follow back.‬‬‬‬

"You have two profiles?" I ask.

"Yea, this is my actual Instagram that the fans don't know about" he says, we both take a couple of minutes to browse each other's Instagrams, his is full of different cities, guitars and photos with famous people.

"This is a cool photo" he says turning his phone to show me a photo I took on a coastal walk back home.

"Yea that walk was so pretty it was hard not to get a good photo" I laugh.

"Oh is this from Ireland?" I nod "I don't really know what I was expecting but that looks like somewhere in Denmark or somewhere"

"Yea it was last winter, I've never been more cold" I smile thinking of the memory.

"Do you take a lot of photos?"

"Not really, my sister wants to be a photographer so she gives me tips" I say.

"That's cool, I'm hopeless at it" he admits and I laugh.

"Is this you?" He ask in disbelief. He shows me a photo of me from a few years ago, It's a photo of me after I won first prize at a cow show.

"Yea" I laugh at his expression "we came first" I say proudly.

"Wait do you lead the cow like a dog?" He asks.

"Yea we used to, we haven't been to a show in a long time" I say.

"I've never actually seen that before, love the outfit" he laugh and I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"That wasn't my choice, I don't know why but white overalls are what you have to wear for dairy cow shows" he laughs again then continues scrolling, I stare at his phone watching him as he clicks into some photos. His tattoo catches my attention and I study it.

"What?" He says catching me staring.

"Sorry your tattoo is just really cool" I say and he smiles.

"Thanks, you got any" I pause, I debate whether to tell him or pretend I don't.

"Ugh yea I do" I say he looks a little shocked.

"What is it?" He asks intrigued. I pull my tshirt sleeve up to show the small tattoo on my inner arm, its three circles in a row, the two outer ones are just outlines but the centre one is coloured in.

"It's a sister tattoo, so I have the middle one filled in as I'm the middle child, so my little sisters has the third one coloured in since she's the third sister" I say before pulling my sleeve back down, Shawn looks at me a little confused.

"You have another sister?" He asks, I look away a for second before turning back to him.

"Yea well had" I say "she passed away in a car crash a couple of years ago" I look down at my hands.

"Oh Jenny I'm sorry I didn't realise" he says.

"No it's fine" I say giving him a smile fighting back tears.

"Well it's a really cool tattoo" he says

"Thanks" I say.

"Maybe this is too personal but did you get it with your older sister?"

"Yea it was a couple of weeks before, it was like the universe was trying to tell us" I say quietly.

"Have you ever got any more tattoos?"

"No I've had one in mind for a while but I've just never actually committed to it" I say.

"What is it" he says giving me a sweet smile.

"it's sounds kinda cliche, it's a daffodil"

"That's not cliche, why do you want it" he says

"I just want an outline of one, because they stand for renewal, creativity, inspiration, and memories"

"I wish I thought as much about my tattoos" he laughs.

"Yea I'm very indecisive" I say laughing.

"I really want another tattoo but I don't know what to get" he says.

"Well there's no point asking me, it took me months to decide on that flower and I still haven't even got it" I say and we both laugh.

Shawn continues scrolling through my Instagram and comes across a photo of me and Will from last Christmas. I need to delete them.

"Who's this guy?" He asks.

"Oh that's Will we used to date" I say with a slight attitude.

"Oh, not end well?"

"Uhm not really" I say with a sigh "he's a great guy but he kinda screwed me over"

"Oh okay, wanna talk about it? Did you two end it recently?"

"Uhm well he ended it like nearly two months ago, but then he told me he wanted to get back together so strung me along for a couple of weeks then decided he just wants to be friends and now he's been hanging around with his ex" I say taking a deep breath after.

"Oh, that's pretty rough. Did you date for long?"

"Yea like 3 years" Shawn looks at me wide eyed.

"Oh wow" he says.

"Yea and now I feel like a 3 year long cockblock since he's back with his ex" I say with a sigh.

"I'm sure you weren't" Shawn says looking sympathetically at me. "I'm sorry I really have no advice, I've never been in a situation like that"

"No it's cool, I'm pretty sure I'm over it" he smiles at me and my heart races.

"So who's the ex?" He asks, I look up Hayley's profile and show it to him.

"Well he definitely downgraded if he's with her now" he says and I blush.

"Stop, she's stunning" I say.

"But so are you" he says and I look down at my hands out of awkwardness laughing a little. "I'm serious, don't let that guy ruin your confidence" Shawn says with a stern voice. I look up and smile at him.

__________________________
Thanks for reading!
Remember to vote! :)