Chapter 14

Shawn POV:

Jenny heads to bed and I watch a couple of episode of a crappy tv show before heading to bed, I lay there staring at the ceiling before drifting off. I wake and look at my clock, 3am. I hate when this happens, I throw my duvet off and get up grabbing one of my guitars knowing sleep wasn't going to be an option.
I head to the balcony taking a dinning chair with me and play around with some song lyrics, the phrase 'morning looks good on you' has been stuck in my head since Jenny said it.

I'm about half way through a draft of a song when suddenly the balcony door opens and Jenny steps out, her curly hair all over the place.

"You do know it's 3:30" she whispers.

"Yea I couldn't sleep, did I wake you?" I ask.

"Nah I needed a drink" she says leaning against the rail. "What are you doing?"

"Just messing about really" I say.

"Messing about" she rolls her eyes "you're probably writing your next number one hit" she says and I laugh before closing my book and setting my guitar down, I lean against the rail beside her.
We look out at the quiet city, I would love nothing more than to put my arm around her right now.

"Let's do a real talk" she says suddenly.

"Right now?" I ask.

"Yea 4am real talks are the best" she says. "Actually lets do three questions"

"Is this another game you play at home?" I ask

"Nope I just made it up" I laugh at her cute smile. "Okay so we have three questions each, no boring ones. I'll go first, tell me your biggest fear? Like truly something that terrifies you" she says before staring back out at the city.

I hesitate for a moment "probably my family dying, I genuinely wouldn't know what to do without them." I wince at the thought "Okay my turn, tell me your worst childhood memory" I say.

"Uhm probably my parents fighting, specifically this one time when they started arguing and one of my friends was over for a sleepover, I've never felt more embarrassed and my friend refused to come over again" my heart breaks for her. "Okay question two, do you believe in love at first sight?" She says.

"Oh this is a hard one, part of me wants to say yes but I think it's more likely you can know your going to fall in love with some at first sight but not actually fall in love at first sight" I say proud of my answer.

"That the best answer I've heard to that question" she says with an impressed expression. "your turn" she smiles at me, god she looks so beautiful.

"What does heartbreak feel like?" I ask.

She lets out a small laugh. "It's sucks ass, its like mourning somebody but they didn't die they just didn't want to be in your life anymore" he words are filled with pain, I feel guilty for asking the question. "Ugh Okay my last question, how many girls have you slept with in your life?" This catches me off guard.

"Oh ugh, like 4" she looks at me raising an eyebrow. "That's all I swear" I say holding my hands up.

Jenny POV

"Okay my last question is" he thinks for a second "do you think your still in love with Will?" Damn this kid is going deep with the questions.

"I don't know. How do you know when you've fallen out of love?" I ask not really to Shawn but just out loud. "I wish I could give an answer but I honestly don't know" I say sighing.

"Tell me about him" he says calmly.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Tell me about Will, just describe him, his looks, personality and so on"

"Uhm well he's nearly as tall as you, blonde hair, super smart, he wants to be a dentist. He's kind and outgoing, hates reading books and listening to my music. He's good with kids but not with animals and he's really into fitness" I say nervously.

"Well I don't think you're in love with him"

"What really?" I say.

"If I thought you were in love with me and you described me like that I'd be disappointed" he says continuing to look out at the city.

"Ugh Okay" I don't really know what to say. He looks at me, his expression unreadable. I hold eye contact for a second before looking away.

"Why do you do that?" He asks.

"Do what?" I ask.

"You always look away" I look back at him and he's smiling.

"I don't know, I find it awkward" I say shyly.

"It's only awkward if you make it that way" he says placing his hand under my chin and gently lifting my face, I look at him the city lights shining in his eyes. I try to look away but his hand won't let me, he comes a little closer.

"I always wanted green eyes" he says quietly.

"Funny I always wanted brown eyes" I say and he laughs, he leans in closer and I panic pulling away. He looks a little sad.

"I'm sorry Jen I didn't mean to freak you out"

"No it's fine, I just" Shawns staring at my hands, I look down and they're shanking like crazy.

"Are you Okay?" He asked grabbing my hands.

"Ugh Yea it happens when I'm nervous" I say awkwardly trying to laugh it off.

"I'm sorry" he says again.

"No don't be" I say smiling at him. "I'm just not ready, don't get me wrong I wish I could kiss you but I can't, come Sunday you'll be gone and I don't want to get myself into something that's only going to end" I say shakily.

"I get it, that was silly of me" he says before giving me a hug. He smells so good, damn I wish I'd just kissed him and dealt with the consequences.

_________________