Chapter 3

Luckily Will and I were very unorganised and hadn't booked any accommodation yet but the flights still had to be cancelled, I had procrastinated doing it because we were only broken up for three weeks and when he said he wanted to get back together I assumed the holiday was back on.
I log in and request to cancel the flights or change the passengers, as it's such late notice I can only get 40% of the original money back and the passengers can't be changed, great. Couldn't he just have held out for another two weeks, I really was excited to go to Rome. But I have all summer to go somewhere else!

JW:
'hey so I enquired about cancelling
those flights and we can only get 40% of the money back because it's late notice, and
we can't change the passengers'

he replies not soon later telling me just to cancel them and he transfers me the difference so I wouldn't lose out on any money since he was the reason we weren't going. Personally I didn't want the money, I kind of felt like he was only giving me it to clear his conscience not actually because he felt bad that I was missing out on a holiday.
I looked at the extra £140 in my bank account, I think about spending it on clothes or make up. As I think about what to do with it I scroll through insta and come across this Shawn Mendes ad on for you and a friend to win a flight and VIP to his concert in Toronto when you donate money to a charity. I read all the terms to see if international fans could enter and couldn't find anything saying I couldn't so I donated $200 which still left me with some money left over from the exchange rate. I lay back in bed sighing in relief that that was sorted, it was a win win really, I'd donated to charity and got rid of the money.
I get up after aimlessly scrolling social media for way too long and make a cup of coffee and some cereal, Grace joins me at the table. I tell her about Will, I also tell her about him texting Halyey which I'd hesitated telling her because Grace was friends with Hayley and I didn't want to create any drama in her friend group.

"What a prick!" She says once I've finished.

"Yea I know, the most annoying thing is that I find it so hard to be mad at him" I sigh.

"You should be! He's so selfish leading you on like that, and texting his ex!" Se scoffs, I gave her a half smile and shrug. I then tell her about the Shawn Mendes competition. "Imagine you won, I want to be you're plus one" she says.

"I'm pretty sure it's when you're away in Europe, and I highly doubt I'll win anyway, even if I did they'd realised I'm not from Canada and pick someone else because it would cost so much to fly me out there" I say.

The next couple of weeks drag on, I packed up all the things in my room that remind me of Will and tried to stay busy. I spent some days with the girls at the beach and went to some parties, the girls make sure I have no time to mope around about Will.
Nothing exciting really happened, just your average summer holiday. That was until my phone rang with a international phone number.

_________________________

Promise Shawn comes into the story in the next few chapters
:)