"Is that so?" Kris didn't sound like he believed him, but Suho didn't have the chance to defend himself because Luhan and Sehun was already taking seats at their table. Luhan to Kris' left and Sehun to his right.

Kris chugged down his beer another time while Suho rubbed his nape already feeling some tension in the air.

This is going to be one awkward night.

"Hey, Yifan!" Luhan greeted again earning a simple nod of the head from Kris. "Oh! I hope you don't mind me bringing Sehun. I was going to treat him a late night round of soju as a graduation gift when Suho invited me to join you guys."

"I told you I don't want to drink alcohol," Sehun tiredly stated with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh right! You and Yeojin are graduating soon, huh? Congratulations!" Suho patted the younger guy's shoulder. "Come on! You should at least try a glass of beer." He chuckled then called for the bartender's attention.

"I'll have a can of soda," Sehun interrupted Suho's order for two glasses of beer.

"Tch. You're no fun," Luhan commented.

"I'm only being the sane sibling here. If you eventually get drunk, I'm not going to risk our lives drunk driving," Sehun plainly retorted earning a laugh from Suho.

"You're brother is smarter than you are, I see."

"Hey!" Luhan clicked his tongue in protest.

"So, what major are you going to take?" Suho asked Sehun who immediately dropped his gaze.

"He's taking business. And he's going to the States," Luhan excitedly answered in his brother's stead.

"Oh, wow!" Suho grinned then glanced at Kris who was suddenly staring at Sehun. His friend lightly shook his head then downed his beer.

An hour later, Luhan excused himself to take a call from Areum while Suho left to the toilet, leaving Sehun and Kris alone at the table.

Kris finished his remaining drink before putting the glass back down on the table. "Your brother doesn't know?" His eyes were getting heavy, but Kris tried hard to stare at the guy sitting adjacent to him.

"Yeah," answered Sehun.

"You didn't tell him?"

Sehun shook his head and mindlessly squeezed his emptied can of soda.

"So, you're just gonna run away?" Sehun shrugged as a reply. "You didn't tell Yeojin either." The younger guy finally raised his gaze to him while he continued to ask, "Why? Why did you tell me then?"

"So you know that I'm backing away."

What Sehun said should have made him happy and put him at ease; but remembering Yeojin's reaction just earlier that day, Kris couldn't be too happy with it. He wondered if Sehun was the reason Yeojin wanted them to stop...that.

"Even though I've told you that there's a possibility that Yeojin and I might—"

"Divorce soon?" Sehun finished, unintentionally squeezing the can harder. "Yeah. That doesn't matter to me. Whether she will divorce you or not, I'm still backing away."

With hooded eyes, Kris tried to stare into Sehun's eyes searching for any trace of doubt or lie. His mind was too hazy to discern, however. "Fine. Good for me," he decided to say. Massaging his temple, he closed his eyes with a sigh. "I still think you should tell Yeojin the whole truth. I don't want to see her cry if she ever find out the truth."

"That's why she doesn't have to know. And you're actually thinking too highly of me." He tossed the squeezed can to the table. "I'm not the one she's afraid of losing."