Chapter 67

"Gosh! This is so tiring!" Yeojin wiped beads of sweat on her forehead then put the mop away before plopping down on the couch.

Kris had dropped her off at their house because she needed to take more clothes if they were going to stay at the mansion longer. She was planning to just pack up some clothes then waste herself watching TV while waiting for Kris to pick her up again, but it got boring. Having no time for workout the past months, she decided cleaning up the house wouldn't be such a bad idea.

The running club and the track field suddenly felt like a distant memory though it really wasn't that long since the last time she ran. Yet, with the final paper accomplished and the graduation coming up, everything school-related seemed like it was slowly withering into just memories. Her school days had not even ended, but somehow it already felt so nostalgic.

Sighing with a smile, Yeojin fished out her phone from her pocket and scrolled through her photo gallery. She snorted at some of the silly photos she took with Sunhee and Lin and smiled at those with the running club he members. Thinking of it, she realized she wouldn't have met Sehun if she weren't in the club in the first place. Not unless fate decided to pull them together some other way. A wistful smile crossed her lips.

Scrolling again, she came to the batch of photos she took of Kris at Sokcho that day after her birthday. She smiled at a candid picture of Kris. All those years Kris treated her coldly almost felt nonexistent. Those years felt like a fiction.

All those years, she only had one goal for them: to reconcile. To be friends again. It was beyond her expectation to be achieving that and more. Never had she thought of falling in love with her own best friend. Let alone, anyone!

Somewhere along the way, love just broke down all her walls. But all her feelings were regrettably so untamed; she came to love two persons.

Yeojin huffed and got up sauntering to the kitchen. All those sweeping and mopping got her hungry. Checking the fridge, she found only some bottles of juice and a cup of expired pudding. She clicked her tongue and searched for snacks in the cupboard only to find it empty.

"Geez! I should've gone grocery shopping yesterday." She puffed then bit down her lower lip. "Should I go to the convenience store now?" She wondered while tapping her foot on the floor.

Earlier, Kris had called her and told her to stay put—whatever that meant. He sounded so worried; it had Yeojin confused. She had thought that maybe he was just too nervous of his team's presentation. Although, she couldn't really imagine his cold-chairman self being nervous even for one bit.

"This is a matter of survival though!" Yeojin huffed. "I need food!" She whined to herself. I'll just not tell him I'm going. He's busy anyway. It's not like I'm going anywhere far. She decided.

Although she had convinced herself that it was okay to not let Kris know she was leaving the house for just a bit, Yeojin was a little wary when she walked to the usual convenience store. Luckily, nothing unusual happened and she arrived at the store safely. A huge grin decorated her face when she walked out of the store with a bag of some ramyun packs and snacks.

A childlike happiness was bubbling inside her that she was almost skipping her way to the house. That was until she turned at a corner in her neighborhood and froze. She saw two guys each on a motorbike parked in front of her house. They were just joking with each other until one of them caught a sight of her. Yeojin quickly turned the corner again to hide behind the wall.

Her gut was telling her something was wrong. That those guys weren't just someone casually resting in front of her house. They couldn't be. Then, Kris' earlier warning pounded her mind. Quickly, she fumbled for her phone while backtracking her way.