Chapter 62

"Yifan kissed me. Not back when we were together, but recently when I'm already engaged to you. It was a foolish mistake on his part. But nothing else happened between us. That fact will be used to pit you against him. But don't fall for that trap. That's why I'm coming clean to you now."

Areum had rehearsed that in her mind a few times. But actually saying them to Luhan wasn't that easy. Not because she wanted to hold back that secret from her fiancé, but because she couldn't even get a hold of him to sit down and talk. Luhan was too busy these days; she was getting anxious of keeping this secret longer.

She never intended for it to be a secret in the first place. She was going to reveal it to him. Just not this soon. Not under this kind of circumstances. And certainly not through the phone which didn't let her see his reaction. However, with Luhan's sudden flight to China yesterday and with the uncertainty of when the the pictures would be released, Areum didn't want to prolong this any longer.

["Hey, angel!"] was Luhan's greeting when he answered her call.

"Lu, I really need to tell you something-"

["I know, I know. You've been saying that over the phone several times. And I'm sorry it has been hectic the past few days that I always cut you off. We'll meet soon, 'kay?"]

Areum held back a groan. "No. I have to tell you now-"

["You miss me that much, babe?"] Luhan chuckled, but Areum really couldn't share the same sentiment.

"Luhan! Listen!"

["Babe, I'm on the plane now."]

"What?!"

["I'm flying back to Korea. I was supposed to surprise you, but since you sound so on edge—"] He let the sentence hung while he laughed. ["So we'll meet later, okay? How about late lunch at the usual? You can tell me everything you want then."]

Areum bit down her lip. "Yifan kissed me" was on the tip of her tongue, but she held back. It was better to talk to Luhan face to face indeed.

["Oh! I will have a quick meeting with Kris first though. So maybe I'll meet you for dinner."]

Areum's eyes went wide; the anxiousness kicked in again. She had to tell him now! She couldn't afford making Yifan go through another meeting with Luhan and act as if nothing happened. "Then listen to me first—" She stopped when she heard a female voice she believed to be of the flight attendant's in the background telling Luhan to turn off his phone.

["You'll tell me all you want later, alright, angel? I gotta turn my phone off now. Love you!"] He ended the call in a hurry not leaving a chance for her to even reply.

Areum groaned.

She couldn't let Luhan meet Yifan without knowing the truth. That would only put Yifan in a more difficult position.

Quickly she tapped a contact on her phone. She waited two rings before the line was picked up.

"Yifan."

__________

Yeojin insisted movie tickets should be on her since Sehun had paid for their lunch.

"We still have about 20 minutes." Yeojin checked her watch.

"We can just sit down and wait." Sehun gestured to the waiting area at the side. "I'll buy us drinks."

Sehun went off to the food and beverage section while Yeojin took a seat at the waiting area. Looking around, she realized that the cinema was not that crowded today. Probably because it was a weekday and still lunch hours. She found that most of the visitors to the cinema were groups of friends or family. A few pairs were seen and none of them looked like just a pair of friends. They were definitely couples. Thinking of it, her gaze flew to Sehun at the counter.