Chapter 44

Marriage is something sacred. Marriage is not a game.

Yeojin had always been taught that way ever since she started hitting puberty. Her parents didn't want her to make the wrong choice in a relationship. That was why even without that kind of romantic feeling starting her marriage, she always tried to be the good wife. If not, the good friend. Though knowing they would end their marriage soon anyway, she wished not to taint her marriage with Kris.

Yet her heart had been wavering every time she saw Sehun. She might have been in an affair since the time she struck the deal with him, but she never took their relationship seriously until recently when she figured she liked him as much as she liked Kris. Or was it more or lesser?

She still didn't see much of Sehun at school, but she often see him in front of the Wu's mansion instead. Sehun had been giving Lin a ride home almost every day for the past two weeks since that night. Yeojin would stay in the living room around the time of Lin's arrival and would only watch him through the window. But when Lin started inviting him in, she would avoid the living room at all cost.

Months ago, she would not admit this. But now she was jealous. It didn't help that Lin would often speak dreamily of him, adding salt to her wound. Yet guilt was growing inside her heart too for feeling that way toward her sister slash best friend. She was, after all, the one who had promised not to fall for Sehun. She wouldn't made that promise if she knew she would grow a feeling for him, but it was all too late now. Besides, Lin deserved him more. Lin had liked him first before she did. Sehun might not feel the same way toward her either. And she was married. To another person she also liked. What would Kris think of her?

She was such a bad wife to Kris. Yeojin was sure of that. She didn't deserve both of them. She was just such an awful person.

"Are you sure?" Kris asked back when Yeojin came to his room one morning and told him she wanted to go back to their own house.

She couldn't bare to see Sehun and Lin together anymore, and she didn't want to feel any more jealous of Lin. She silently nodded to Kris.

Putting his tie around his collar, Kris eyed her in suspicion before finally nodding. "Alright. Do you want me to pick you up after school or are you going to walk home?" He asked while fixing his tie.

Yeojin realized that she had been so used to being given a ride home by Sehun that she felt a little offended by the question. "I'll walk. I'll be dismissed early and you won't be done with work by then anyway." She watched Kris nod while fixing his tie in haste and approached him. She was intending to help him with the tie, but Kris took a step back.

"Don't," he stopped her then a lopsided smile grazed his lips. "Friends don't do that," he reminded her. "And my heart is weak for you." He winked then proceeded to pull the thin end of the tie.

Yeojin scoffed. "You're becoming cheesier these days. How annoying!" She playfully pinched his waist. Reacting to that, Kris was quick to grab her wrist and pulled her toward him. Yeojin stumbled forward bumping to his chest and looked up annoyed. "Ya-"

Smirking, Kris leaned down, and shivers went down her spine when he spoke, "I told you not to tempt me, buddy."

The door swung open and Lin casually entered. "Eonni, let's go! We'll be late- Oh!" She stopped and stared back and forth between the two. "Sorry. I didn't know. I'll give you two some time. I'll be waiting in the car." She quickly closed the door again.

Kris chuckled amused as he let go of Yeojin. "Go on," he told her with a nod then added, "before I do something else."

Yeojin clicked her tongue and grabbed her bag. She exited his room and before closing the door, she heard him say, "I'll see you at home, buddy!"