Chapter 66

One day.

That's all they had left to come up with something. They couldn't just use Luhan's designs for the presentation tomorrow, considering his decision to back away from the project.

"So what's your plan, boys?" Grandpa asked Kris and Suho.

"We have no choice but to present only the overall concept," Kris replied.

Suho sighed. "We've lost then. No matter how good our concept is, without the architecture mockup and all, we're definitely losing."

Fingers steepled together, Grandpa hummed in agreement. "You're right."

"Is Luhan still not replying?" Kris asked his friend.

Suho checked his phone and defeatedly nodded. "By the way, how are those bruises? Are you sure you're going to show up in front of the board looking like that?"

Kris touched one of the bruises whose color was still evident. He winced. It was still a little painful, especially after that slap by Yeojin's mom. Because he couldn't come to the office looking like this, he had to have this meeting at the mansion instead. But tomorrow he surely had to come. He shrugged to Suho's question. "I don't have a choice. I have to come tomorrow. Yeojin said she would help cover some with concealer."

"Sirs," Mr. Ahn's voice gained their attention. "You have a guest," he announced before stepping aside from the entrance of the living room to let the guest in.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but can I join the meeting?"

Suho's eyes rounded when he saw the guest. "Luhan?"

Kris was no less surprised but also pleased. A corner of his lips tugged up into a lopsided smile.

__________

"What?!" Changsun stood up slamming his hand on the table. "Luhan went back to Kris?! After all that?"

His private investigator flinched and nodded. "Yes, Sir. I followed him for a while and realized he was heading to The Wu's house."

Changsun curled his hands into fists. "I did not see this coming. It wouldn't be easy for them after that scandal, but still! I couldn't believe he decided to stay with Kris!"

"Actually, Sir." The guy cleared his throat. "I think I know why Luhan might have changed his mind."

"Why?"

"Yeojin recently went to his house."

"That girl again!" That name alone made his blood boil and he couldn't resist slamming his hand on the table again causing the other man to flinch. "Always in the way! I'll get her for this!" He glanced up at his man as a thought popped in his mind. "You still have that Frost gang contact?"

"Y-yes, Sir. But I thought the leader had withdrawn from working with us."

Changsun scoffed then smirked. "Right after spilling some beans to someone else. Which is why he needs to pay for what he has done. No one can just cross me like that and live freely." His finger continuously tapped the table as he immersed himself in thought. "You said once that he might be doing some shady business right? Use that against him. Get rid of him, but"—his smirked reappeared—"try bribing some of his men."

__________

The next day, the lobby of Titan Wu was crowded with reporters. The scandal involving Kris and Luhan was really not something that could easily be brushed off. Especially considering the reputation Titan Wu was holding. This time, the rumor his father had cooked up had really hit home. Chanyeol balled his hands into fists as he walked passed through the crowd of reporters with the help of the office's guards.