Chapter 64

Some people say love means sacrificing for the person we love. But Kris would really like Yeojin to just stop sacrificing for once if that's how she showed her love.

He sighed and placed aside the washed dish when he heard her greeting as she stepped inside the house.

Trying to put on a smile, he came out of the kitchen to greet her. "You're back?"

Yeojin rubbed her nape and lowered her gaze. "Yeah. Sorry I didn't tell you. I went somewhere after the final paper defense." Finally looking at him, she asked, "Have you had your lunch?"

"I did." His gaze darted to her knees with adhesive bandages stuck on them. "Have you?" He looked back at her and she nodded. "What's with your knees?"

At the mention, Yeojin looked down at her knees. "Oh these? I... stumbled when I was walking. Haha." She awkwardly grinned. "It's nothing though. I'm okay." She smiled and Kris sighed closing his eyes.

"Why are you lying?" He softly asked.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

When he opened his eyes, he set them on hers. "Areum told me what happened."

Her eyes grew wide before they darted somewhere else. "I..."

"You didn't have to do that, Jin." He ran a hand on his face. Really! He wished she didn't do it. She didn't need to lower herself in front of anyone just to stand up for him.

"I'm sorry. But what do you expect? Should I just sit down while watching you be burdened with your problems? Well, I'm sorry, but I can't!" She frustratedly told him. "We made a vow! No matter how young and insincere we were when we said it back then, it's still a vow! In good times and in bad times, remember? And I'm not just doing this because you're my husband. Even if you're not my husband, you're still someone important to me! So I—"

Kris pulled her and enveloped her in his arms to cut her off. He held her tight and bended down to rest his chin on the crook of her neck. "Thank you," he whispered. "Thank you, Yeojin," he repeated while stroking the back of her head. "But please don't do something like this without telling me again. Please. I really dislike it."

Yeojin was silent for a while before he felt her nodding. He pulled away a bit and smiled down at her. "How's the defense?" He patted the top of her head.

She mustered a smile of her own and proudly declared, "I'll say I did great."

"Good then!" He patted her head again. "We should celebrate it. How about a movie marathon?"

"What movie?"

"I was thinking of Lord of the Rings."

"But you don't like them."

"But you do. And maybe I will come to like it. Then, we can watch together if the next Hobbit movie come out."

"Wait." Yeojin narrowed her eyes at him. "Are you still holding a grudge over me going to the movie with Sehun yesterday?"

He looked elsewhere and answered, "...no?"

Yeojin raised a brow then snorted to the side.

Feeling like he just caught doing something, Kris cleared his throat and let her go. "Go change out of your uniform first. I'll prepare the snacks." He herded the laughing Yeojin to get inside the bedroom.

Huffing to himself when she finally entered the bedroom still laughing, Kris momentarily closed his eyes. I'll make you happy.

For the remainder of the day, he knew Yeojin was happy. And he was glad. Though he fell asleep in the middle of the second movie.