Chapter 35

Long chapter alert! ^^
__________

The house felt empty. The atmosphere was heavy in the morning before Yeojin went for the school's camp. No matter how many times Kris asked of why she suddenly turned cold, Yeojin would just ignored him. She didn't say a single word to him ever since last night. Never had he thought he would feel what Yeojin had been feeling for at least the past one year. He used to treat her like she was invisible. Now, he was the one being treated that way. At least, now he understood her feelings.

Kris sat alone at the kitchen counter. A bowl of cereal was before him, but he didn't really feel like eating. He used to want this. He used to dream of being free of Yeojin. But now, he hated it. He regretted ever wishing it. Now that he knew how much she meant to him, he realized how he had been taking her for granted.

Kris stood up from the high stool and gave up on eating the cereal because he couldn't even stomach any food. He then dragged his feet to the bedroom, thinking of taking a shower. He was just walking for the bathroom, passing the bed, when something on the bedside table caught his sight from the corner of his eyes. He made his way to the bedside table and picked up a phone with pink case.

He knew it wasn't his nor was it Yeojin's. His eyes widened, realizing it was Areum's, and his heart skipped a beat when his mind connected the dots. It was as if he had found missing puzzle pieces to complete the picture. To his horror, he knew now why Yeojin was mad at him.

She must've seen us! Kris suddenly felt breathless and he face-palmed himself. Damn it! His hand ruffled his hair as he momentarily closed his eyes to calm himself down.

When he opened his eyes again, they landed on Beavie, lying on the floor. He figured that she must've thrown the plush away out of anger. Worry started creeping up his nerves.

What if it rain later? He quickly picked the large plush up and stared at its face. "God dammit! Why was I so stupid?"

__________

Yeojin took a break and leaned back on the trunk of a tree.

"Great! Now I'm lost!" She clicked her tongue and looked around. She tried to look for any tree with the colored ribbon tied around its trunk, but she found none. Only ordinary tall trees were around her. "Darn it!" Yeojin ruffled her hair.

Right after the bus arrived at the premise, the students were assigned to their rooms. Yes, rooms- much to Yeojin's dismay. She thought it was supposed to be a camp at a real camp site, with real tents to sleep in. Instead, they were having their supposed camp at a hotel. She realized she expected too much. But she thought that at least, the hotel didn't look much like the ones in the city. It still had that eco look. Parts of the wall were of wood. The floor, in fact, was also that of wood too. Moreover, the fact that the whole hotel premise was built in the midst of forest of tall trees helped remind the visitors that they were indeed outside the city. On second thought, the hotel wasn't so bad after all. Plus, she got to share a room with Sunhee. Sehun probably had something to do with it.

But after the room assignments, everyone was called to gather at the field. They were then separated into groups of nine. Since the senior class had three classes, the group was consisted of three from each classes. Sadly, Yeojin had to be separated from Sunhee for this so-called bonding activity: the much clichéd treasure hunt. This particular activity was prepared by the teachers. Thus, the council members weren't exempted from it.

Yeojin was usually excited to make new friends, but not today. Not when a certain kissing scene kept on bugging her mind. Strangely though, it wasn't a certain bus stop kissing scene that intruded her mind. Instead, it was one which involved her own lips. The bus stop kiss was still in her mind, but it was pushed back by the memory of the kiss Kris shared with her. It kept on popping in her mind for some reason. In fact, she could hardly sleep last night because of this.