Chapter 63

Kris winced when Yeojin dabbed an ointment on a cut on his cheek.

Damn! He's strong! He thought of Luhan. He never imagined someone who looks so gentle like Luhan possessed that amount of strength until he felt the impact of the man's fist on his face. Several times. What do I expect? I kissed his fiancée.

His attention then settled on Yeojin sitting beside him on the edge of the bed. She was silently opening a pack of adhesive bandage. He leaned back on the headboard; eyes never leaving her.

"How's the movie? Did I ruin your hangout with Sehun?"

Yeojin only briefly glanced at him before she paid attention to the bandage again. "Why didn't you tell me Park Changsun had gone this far?" She brusquely asked and sticked the bandage over the cut.

Kris winced again at the force she exerted just to stick the bandage. "I didn't want to make you worry. You have the final paper to worry about."

"And look where we are now." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey"—he reached out a hand to tuck strands of her hair behind her ear—"I'm sorry."

Yeojin just sighed and glanced at him from the corner of her eyes before she glanced away from him, packed the first aid box, and put it away. "I'll make us dinner." She stood up but Kris quickly grabbed her forearm and pulled her back down.

The pull caused her to fall right into his arms in an awkward position. He had her on his lap with her body leaning to his. She protested and tried to wiggle free but Kris just smiled and held her tightly, pressing her body to his chest. He leaned in to kiss her but she pulled her head away with a gasp. Confused, Kris raised a brow but then chuckled.

"Why? You're that mad you don't want to kiss me?" Yeojin just blinked in reply before her eyes darted everywhere else. "But I'm hurt." He pouted. "Look! There's a cut on the corner of my lips. Shouldn't I get a healing kiss?"

Baffled, Yeojin scoff to the side. "Then you should have thought of it thoroughly before admitting you kiss someone's fiancée and getting yourself beaten up. You could have brought Areum eonnie with you to explain everything, you know? Wait, no— You shouldn't have kissed her in the first place!" She clicked her tongue.

Kris smiled at her nags. They should have irritated him, but they just made him feel warm. "Yeah, you're right." He nodded then looked at her in the eyes; a playful smile decorated his face. "I was such a fool. I should have confessed right away that I like you right after the first time I kissed you, then kissed you again."

Yeojin just clicked her tongue.

"If you don't want to kiss me, at least let's stay like this for a while. I had a rough day, you know?" He shifted to lay down with her still held to his chest. She just silently complied letting him hold her.

"What will happen to that project you have with Luhan then?" She softly asked.

"Do we have to talk about this now?"

Yeojin shook her head before propping herself up a bit. She rested a folded arm on his chest and her chin on that arm. "It hurts a lot, doesn't it?" Her free hand carefully touch his bruised cheek then the cut on the corner of his lips. "How are you going to show your face tomorrow?"

"I'll call in sick tomorrow. It's alright," he replied. "It will go—" His eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when Yeojin propped herself up higher and gently kissed him.

And she wasn't in a haste. She was taking her time to kiss him as if wanting to slowly ease his pains. When she pulled away and looked down at him, her face flushed. Her eyes were rounded like she surprised herself with what she just did. Staring up at her and still baffled, Kris could hardly find his voice.