Chapter 57

Yeojin talked less on the way home, sighed every now and then and slumped her shoulders.

Something must have happened to upset her like this, Kris noted. He tried to ask her, but she said she was okay. When they arrived home, Yeojin busied herself with the final paper right after taking a shower. Kris could only let it go for now and worked on his own project.

The presentation of the hotel project with Suho and Luhan was coming up and he still had to figure out who helped Park Changsun with the Sehun-Yeojin incident at the hotel last month. He really had a lot in his hands right now; it stressed him. He wished he could just go on a holiday and take Yeojin with him. However, they wouldn't have a peaceful holiday if the problem with Park Changsun were still not resolved.

It was almost 7 when Yeojin came to his work corner. "I'm gonna step outside for a bit. I need to buy more snacks too."

Kris looked up from his laptop. "Do you want me to go with you?" He offered.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll just go to the usual convenience store." She gave him a small smile and walked to the door. "I just need some fresh air and more snacks," she told him while taking her coat off the hanger near the door and putting it on. "It won't take long." Having put on her shoes, she stood up and opened the door.

"Aright." Kris nodded and smiled when she waved and closed the door behind her.

He then focused back on his work when he noticed his phone lighting up with a message notification.

Suho [19.15]: We have a lead on who was helping Changsun.

Putting his phone down, he leaned back on his chair and momentarily closed his eyes with a sigh to flush out the stress. He then stared at the screen of his laptop before closing it with another sigh.

Yeojin stopped dead when she exited her house.

"Sehun?"

The guy who was about to put on his helmet paused and turned to her.

Yeojin blinked several times. "Why are you here?"

Deciding to unmount his bike, Sehun replied coldly, "I just want to tell you to stop approaching me at school."

Yeojin gulped. There was a slight twist in her heart.

"You wanted to talk to me because you feel guilty don't you?" Sehun sounded so distant; Yeojin felt like she was staring at a stranger. "Don't be. I've known it all for a long time."

"What do you mean?" Yeojin knitted her brows.

He straightened up and softly sighed to the side. "I've found out you are Kris Wu's wife long before he announced it."

"What?" She asked in a hushed voice. Her finger twitched at her side as her lips parted and her eyes widened by a fraction. "You knew?" She swallowed the lump in her throat, but her throat only felt more constricted. "Then..." She briefly closed her eyes to get herself together. "Then why didn't you tell the whole school?" Biting down her lip, she gave him a hard stare. "Wasn't that what you wanted to do once you find out?"

"Yes. That was what I wanted." Sehun took a step toward her but remained keeping his distance. When he looked down at her, she could almost see his cold mask slipping away. "But I didn't... for the same reason I can't be friends with you."

Yeojin's gaze wavered and her lips quivered as she stared up at him. "Why?" Her voice came out above a whisper.

Sehun threw his head back to scoff. "Ya, Kwon Yeojin." He clicked his tongue. "Why are you playing dumb? You know my feelings for you. Do you really think it will be easy to be just friends with someone you love who also belongs to someone else?"