Chapter 22

Ice Block 1 [5.34]: I parked outside the school. Hurry up!

Yeojin's eyes grew wide when she read the text message. She quickly shoved her books inside her bag and slammed her locker shut. She then immediately dashed away.

"Jin, why are you in such a hurry?" Sunhee shouted at the running girl.

Yeojin looked back and waved as she was still running. "I'll chat you later!"

Are we going somewhere again? She looked down at her watch as she ran.

Kris had been tutoring her for a few days now. The day after their first tutoring session, Kris did this too. He suddenly picked her up at her school and brought her to a quiet cafe up a mountain overlooking the city. He said it was to refresh their minds and Yeojin found nothing to complain about it. Their next tutoring sessions took place at Titan Wu again. But this time, both the security and the receptionist lady didn't dare to question her anymore.

When Yeojin looked up again, she immediately came to a halt.

Sehun was leaning on the lobby's door frame with crossed arms. He was looking down and didn't notice Yeojin who was slowly approaching him. Yeojin bit down her lip, suddenly feeling a bit nervous. She didn't know whether he was mad at her or not, and why was he so if he were. All she knew was he had not been texting or talking to her ever since she got tutored by Kris.

At first, she convinced herself that it was actually a good sign because that might meant he gave up on trying to uncover her secret. But then a part of her didn't really feel good about it. It didn't feel right to be ignored by him. It was probably because she had gotten used to him pestering her that not talking to him or being annoyed by him felt a bit off.

Sehun stood up straight at a second glance of her approaching him. She then arrived in front of him, not being able to look straight into his eyes. He uncrossed his arms and extended a hand to give her a bag of gummy bears. Yeojin briefly glanced up as she took it.

"New flavor," Sehun explained as he buried his hands inside his pockets. "Cherry."

"Oh." She blinked several times as she read the very word on the packaging.

They fell silent after that. Yeojin still couldn't look into his eyes, but she mustered enough courage to do so.

"Sehun, I-" Her phone went off and she saw the caller ID.

Ice Block 1

Sehun saw it too before he lightly tousled her hair. "Study hard."

Something about that small gesture sent warmth inside her and it somehow made her heart tremble. She looked up at him and saw him nodded toward the door, silently telling her to go.

Yeojin nodded and picked up her phone whilst walking out the door. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." She paused and turned back around giving Sehun a small smile. "Thanks," she directed to him before she turned back around. "Alright, alright," she half-yelled to the phone.

Sehun watched her leave and disappear out of the gate. Half a minute later a black car sped past the school and a sigh escaped his lips. Why does it bother me so much that I can't tutor her? It should be a good thing. Ugh! Why am I feeling this?

Sehun had been questioning himself that question over and over again this past few days. He knew that Kris' sudden interference might be a lead that Yeojin really is his wife. Yet, a part of him couldn't accept that for whatever reason.

__________

Yeojin chewed the gummy bears to relieve that feeling in her heart, but it still didn't go away. What is wrong with me?