Chapter 61

Their date started with having pancakes for lunch and turned into a driving lesson for Yeojin afterwards. After almost running the car into a pole twice, Kris decided that it was enough lesson for the day and suggested playing arcade games instead.

Having publicly exposed their status had not been making their life easier. Yeojin had told him how some of her schoolmates had become boot lickers for her. As for Kris himself, he had heard few of his employees whispered about how his marriage was an underage marriage and how he was too young to be leading the company. However, there were some perks with people knowing the truth now. For one, he could enjoy having a date with Yeojin like this without having to look behind his back for stalkers.

They didn't have to hide anymore. Neither do their feelings.

"You just need a little more practice." Kris commented regarding the driving lesson and nudged her who sat beside him on the stairs overlooking the Han river while eating their burgers. The setting reminded him of their date on his birthday.

"Yeah, but you'll be busy again next week." Yeojin pouted a little.

Kris snorted and tousled her hair. "You're such a kid when you pout like that! I can teach you on weekend."

"Fine!" Yeojin looked away and couldn't help but to smile prompting Kris to smile along.

Zipping up his winter jacket, Kris wiped the remaining sweat on his forehead after playing a short game of basketball with a bunch of guys at the park's basketball field. "You're that happy?" Kris quirked a brow, glancing down at Yeojin who was walking beside him. It looked impossible to erase the smile on her face and it made him proud.

Yeojin nodded while briefly glancing up at him, and warmth instantly seeped into him.

"I'm glad then," he proudly declared as he took her hand and intertwined their fingers.

Looking unaffected by the gesture, Yeojin nudged his arm with her shoulder. "You look cool back there by the way. It's been long since the last time I saw you play basketball."

Kris laughed. "Looks like someone just got under my spell." He smirked and she rolled her eyes.

The winter breeze blew by and Yeojin shuffled closer to him while pulling on her beanie to cover her ears. "Would you have become a basketball player if we never got married?" She carefully asked.

He sighed before he answered, "Dad would totally be against that whether we're married or not."

"So you did want to become a basketball player then?" She sounded both surprised and hesitant asking it.

"Nah!" Kris shook his head then looked up at the sky turning dark. "I wanted to be a designer."

Yeojin snorted at that and Kris' head immediately snapped toward her with a raised brow. "You're bad at drawing, Kris! Like bad, don't-even-try-drawing-again bad!" She laughed.

"Ha-ha," Kris deadpanned with a roll of his eyes. "How supportive!" He sarcastically complimented her then lightly knocked her head with a fist of his free hand. "I admit I'm not good at drawing living things—"

"You're good at drawing corpse then?" Yeojin quipped earning a suffocating headlock from him.

"Why, you little—!" He playfully pressed his knuckled on top of her head. He released the laughing girl and proceeded to intertwining their hands again. "What I'm trying to say is I wanted to become a jewelry designer back then. I'm pretty good at drawing inanimate objects, you know?" Yeojin involuntarily let out a soft scoff to the side. "What, you don't believe me?" His eyes rounded looking offended.