Chapter 34

Areum pushed Kris away. "Ya! What do you think you're doing?!" She glared at him, but he was blankly staring at a distance.

"Why don't I remember anything?" He mumbled above a whisper. "I don't feel anything."

"Yifan?" Areum waved a hand in front of him and he finally glanced at her.

"I don't remember our first kiss," he stated blankly.

"What?" Areum still couldn't understand.

"But I remember my first kiss with her when I kissed her," he mumbled to himself again.

"Wait. Hold on." Areum massaged her temple. "That was the test? You wanted to know whether you still have feelings for me?"

"Well-"

"Wait a second." Her eyes rounded when a thought dawned on her. "You kissed Yeojin, didn't you?" After a moment of hesitation, Kris slowly nodded and she gasped. "Oh. My. Gosh! You- you-"

Areum opened her mouth to scold him, but words died in her throat because she was too speechless. She groaned instead and paced around. Kris silently watched her while his own mind was preoccupied. Areum stopped pacing around and approached him with a glare. Without warning, she flicked his forehead and he winced.

"Ack! What was that for?!" Kris rubbed his forehead.

"To heal your stupidity!" Areum crossed her arms. "I can't believe how stupid you are, Yifan! First of all, I am engaged. Engaged, Yifan!" Kris opened his mouth to retort, but she hit his arm. "Shut your mouth and listen. Second, you are married! And most importantly, you should never kiss someone else- an engaged one especially- just to determine your own feeling for your wife. God!" She threw her head back and flung her arms. "You are so stupid! What if someone saw us? What if Yeojin knew?"

Kris lowered his head. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight."

"No, you weren't using your brain at all!"

"I thought I would-"

"Still feel the same way for me the way you do for Yeojin?" Areum finished for him. She then punched his arm. "That is for being such an idiot!" She punched his other arm harder, not minding his plea for her to stop. "That's for using me!" Kris rubbed both of his arms when Areum kicked his shin, making him jump around on one leg. "And that is for being a jerk to Yeojin!"

"Alright! Alright!" Kris shielded himself. "I get it! I'm a stupid jerk! I was just- just-" He sighed. "I didn't understand why I feel what I feel for her. I didn't want it to ruin my friendship with her."

Areum's gaze softened as she heaved out a breath. "But she's your wife now. In fact, she was never just a friend to you. Haven't you realize that?" She took a moment to close her eyes and composed herself. "You don't understand your own feeling? Well then, let me tell you, Mr. Wu. You like her."

"I-"

"You better go back now." Areum looked away.

Kris bit down his lip. He knew she was right about everything. He lowered his head and turned around when she called him again.

"And Yifan." He looked back at her. "No more hiding. No more running away from your own feeling. No more denying. Just accept it and show her your true feeling."

__________

Yeojin unmounted Sehun's motorbike and took off her helmet, giving it back to him with a small smile.

"Thanks for the ramyeon cup."

Sehun snorted as he swiveled up the visor of his helmet. "You don't have to thank me for treatments you deserve to receive from your boyfriend."