Chapter 37

Yeojin could only sigh when she heard the murmurs from other students.

"Just ignore them." Sunhee smiled reassuringly and urged her to go approach Kris who was putting her duffle bag inside the car's trunk.

Yeojin smiled at Sunhee who carried Beavie for her. She then took a deep breath and shifted the crutches propping her weight. It was embarassing enough to have her friend carrying a very large plush. Having Kris picking her up only made her want to dig a hole and hide there.

Yeojin was surprised last night when Sunhee came in so suddenly, causing her to break away from Sehun's embrace, with the large plush in her arms. Sunhee told Yeojin she found it sitting in front of the door.

He came? Was the first thought that crossed Yeojin's mind when she saw Beavie. Did he leave Beavie to comfort me?

Somehow the thought alone made her feel nervous. She still felt it odd to think that Kris cared about her more than a friend as he had confessed.

"I'm not going to hold back my feelings any longer either." His words rang in her mind when Mr. Yoo told her Kris had sent her a pair of crutches in the morning.

Everything inside her tingled with strange feelings. To think that he was doing all these not as a caring friend or brother but as a husband made her unsure of what to feel.

Her heart was racing with every little swing of the crutches as she came closer to Kris. She tried very hard to ignore the confused stares that her batch mates were giving her, but the weight of them felt almost tangible.

"Here, let me take that." Kris grabbed Beavie from Sunhee when the girls were close enough.

Yeojin silently watched Kris put Beavie on the back seat.

"See you tomorrow then, Jin!" Sunhee hugged her. "And make up with him already," she whispered to Yeojin's ears. Yeojin gave her a small smile.

Just as Sunhee pulled away and Kris closed the back door, Sehun came to Yeojin's side.

"Don't put too much force on your ankle," he told her patting her head affectionately with a smile.

Yeojin shied away from his touch. "O-oh. Y-yeah. Thanks for reminding." She cleared her throat and caught a glimpse of Kris looking away before he opened the door for her.

"Come on." Kris nodded for her to enter the car.

Yeojin nodded, but then Sehun clasped her upper arm. She turned her head to Sehun and looked up at him with blinking eyes. He smiled before wrapping his arms around her. It was awkward for Yeojin because she had her crutches under her armpits, but she felt warm nonetheless.

She suddenly remembered how worried Sehun looked last night and how weirdly comfortable hugging him was despite his soaked clothes. And she hated that. She hated feeling at ease around him when she knew she shouldn't. Especially not when she was not even sure of what to feel about Kris' confession.

"See you." Sehun stroked her head before releasing her from his embrace.

She felt another arm wrapped around her shoulders and found herself staring into Kris' eyes as he assisted her to enter the car.

He clenched his jaw feeling his heartbeat racing of anger and jealousy. He gripped the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles turned white. His blood was boiling just by the thought of someone else wrapping his arms around her.

"Kris!"

Yeojin's voice snapped him back and he unintentionally glared at her.

"Are you trying to kills us?!" She looked panic and angry at the same time.