Chapter 5

*YESTERDAY*

"Now go!" Sehun dismissed her. Yeojin bowed slightly and walked out of the room. He gathered his papers and arranged them neatly. He then turned to walk for the door when he suddenly stopped as he stepped on something. He backed away a bit and looked down at a golden ring lying on the floor. Sehun crouched to pick up the ring and examined it as he stood up.

Whose ring is this?

Something on the inside circle of the ring caught his attention. It was an engraving of a symbol. A symbol of a dragon spreading both of its wings magnificently. Seeing the symbol, Sehun felt familiar with it. He knew he had seen the symbol somewhere before, but he couldn't remember where.

The next day, he asked his student council members of the ring, but none of them claimed it theirs. He was confused for a moment because the only ones who could enter the student council office were him and his members. He wondered who was the owner of the ring as he leaned on his locker waiting for Yeojin to come. He had waited for a few minutes and had even called her several times, but she didn't pick up her phone.

Aish! Where is that girl? He groaned and started tapping on his phone typing a message to her. I should've kicked her out of the committee—Wait! If that ring doesn't belong to any of the council members, does that mean it belongs to her?

__________

A Wu in her house? Suddenly he was reminded of the symbol engraved on the ring. Ah! So that's why I felt familiar. It's the Wu family symbol. Then how is the ring hers? Could it be—? He glanced at Yeojin.

"Ah... Uhm... This is... This is...," Yeojin stuttered.

"I'm Sehun." Sehun bobbed his head. "Oh Sehun."

So this is him. Kris thought.

"Y-yes!" Yeojin added. "Sehun. He's the school's student president." Kris glanced at her uninterested before looking back at the younger guy in front of them.

For a moment they stared at each other in the eyes trying to figure out one another. It was only a few seconds, but Yeojin felt as if a cold war had just been waged between the two guys.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow then." Sehun averted his gaze to the girl who was beading sweats. He bobbed his head back to Kris who turned around to walk inside the house. Sehun mounted his motorbike, put on his helmet, and rode away.

Yeojin sighed in relief as she watched Sehun rode away. Never did she imagine that the two would actually meet. And she was sure she didn't want them to meet ever again. They didn't say anything to each other, but just the mere presence of the two in one space froze her. She swore she didn't want to ever feel that intense coldness ever again!

Yeojin closed the door of the gate and walked inside the house.

"Ya! How did he know this house?" Kris asked with a glass of water in his hand while he leaned on the wall that separated the kitchen and the living room.

"I told you he's the student president. He could easily get anyone's address."

Kris scoffed hearing her answer. "Why would a student president visit you though? Is he hitting on you or something?"

The question made Yeojin flustered as she waved both of her hands frantically in front of her. "N-No!"

DING DONG
Just then the doorbell sounded again. Yeojin whipped her head towards the door. Again? She let out a deep sigh. Why does the door bell ring a lot today? Yeojin grumbled in her mind.