Chapter 13

Though he was the Student Body President - and a model student too at that -, he wasn't one who loved the school. Sure, studying is important to him. But that didn't necessarily mean he loved the school. If it weren't for the upcoming big event at the school this weekend, he wouldn't scheduled his committee and the other senior students to come on a day which the school had actually set as extra holiday. But the school won't decorate itself.

Despite his not-so-enthused feeling of going to school, though, he strangely looked forward to be there when the thought of a certain someone popped in his head. He looked forward to pushing some buttons in her to make her annoyed as usual and to make her reveal that one secret he was convinced to be true.

The seniors were groaning at first for coming to school, but once they met their friends, all complaints flew out the window. Though they had to do some cleaning, painting, decorating, setting up booths - basically, work - they didn't mind much once they mingled with their friends in cliques. Everyone was scattered around the school doing the work they had volunteered to do. But most of them were in the school's indoor basketball court. Some were mopping the floor while others were busy with the decoration: cutting, hanging the banners, and painting letters on other banners.

The basketball competition's PIC was explaining something to Sehun, who was crossing his arms, regarding the rundown and whatnot. But from time to time, he glanced over the guy's shoulder at the girl behind him who was so focused on coloring the banner with a brush. Her brows met in the middle and her tongue was poking out a bit as the brush came in contact with the banner. Feeling amused, one corner of his lips quirked upward a bit seeing that expression on her face.

"...so after that-," the basketball PIC stopped talking when he realized the blonde guy was looking somewhere else. "Err, President?" He tried. "Sehun-ssi?" He was going to follow Sehun's gaze, but before he could do so, the said president turned his attention back to him.

"I'm listening. Continue on," Sehun simply said.

"Oh..kay..," the PIC lifted an eyebrow before his eyes darted back to the stapled papers he was holding. "So," he started again, but though he was really listening, Sehun's gaze went back to Yeojin.

This time Yeojin was laughing whilst still painting. One of his brows arched upon landing his gaze on the guy beside her. He recognized him as the one from the running club who seemed to have a crush on her.

Obvious much.

He mused in his mind as he smirked a bit. But his gaze was sharp as if he tried to bore a hole on the guy's head.

He was tearing his eyes away from the pair, but he took a second glance on two girls. They were part of his student council. The ones who were looking down on Yeojin. They were carrying a bucket of paint each as they slowly approached her from behind. Sehun slightly cocked his head to one side and a frown grazed his face when his brain clicked knowing what they were planning to do.

"MVP!"

Yeojin flinched at the mention of the nickname she wasn't proud of. Her hand stopped painting the letter as she heaved out a sigh rolling her eyes. Jongdae glanced behind his shoulder at the blonde guy who was surprisingly staring at him right in his eyes coldly. He shuddered and quickly looked away.

"Well, someone's jealous," Jongdae commented.

"What?" Yeojin asked frowning a little.

Jongdae just chuckled shaking his head before pursing his lips. "Mmmm... You're not...dating him, right?" He hesitantly asked raising an eyebrow.

"I-"

"MVP!"

She clicked her tongue and stood up turning around when she was surprised to find two of the council members standing there with mouth agape and whose shirts were stained with splatters of paint. She could also see some splatters on their faces. Jongdae seemed to belatedly realize it too and he tried to hold his snicker. Yeojin gasped at the sight. "Are you o-"