Chapter 16

He entered his room and tossed away his bag before taking off his leather jacket. He then plopped on his bed, finally feeling relieved. He just lay there, bringing an arm over his eyes. For a moment, Sehun seemed like a sleeping stone if it weren't for his adam apple that bobbed up and down when he softly gulped.

He squeezed his covered eyes even more trying to erase the image of her pout, her frown, her smile, her. He wanted to not think about her. But she just seemed to invade his mind whether his eyes were opened or closed. He couldn't stop thinking about why he couldn't take his eyes off of her when they were eating at the street vendor earlier. She just kept on coming back into his mind. It started ever since that day he saw how free she was when she ran. It started since that day she made him laugh.

Sehun knew all he had to do was to avoid her and just end the dating game. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to do so.

Why?

That was the very question he kept on asking himself.

Why her? Why couldn't he just avoid her? Why did he even start this dating crap? Why was it so easy to be around her? And why was he stupid enough to ask her on a... date tomorrow?

He finally uncovered and slowly opened his eyes with a sigh. He got up from the bed, and from his bag, he took out the shirt she returned to him when he dropped her off. He stared at it for awhile before putting it aside.

He remembered that telling her to be his girlfriend was a way to prove whether she was Kris Wu's wife or not. But why did he even care about that? At first, he was sure that it mattered to him because he wanted to prove that there was at least one flaw in the man his father always told him to be like. Concealing his marriage won't be too much of a flaw, but marrying a minor would be one big flaw.

His dad had always told him to be better than Kris or at least be like him ever since he was in junior high. He always heard of how people viewed the said guy as perfect. Sure people knew that he might have flaws too, but they overlooked them because of the power and wealth he would inherited. And since then, Sehun despised those that people viewed as perfect.

However, there was this nagging feeling in the back of his mind that told him what he started with Yeojin was never about Kris in the first place. Kris was just an excuse. It was all because of Yeojin.

Yeojin was the girl everyone thought as the smart scholarship student. She was the girl that didn't fight back when some looked down on her. She was easy going, friendly and kind and loved by those closest to her.

She was perfect.

Too perfect. And this was not other people's opinion. This was how Sehun himself thought of her. He thought he hated 'perfect' people, but he found himself drawn to her. Maybe it was because he was the one who thought of her as perfect. And he hated that feeling; that feeling of being drawn to her. And he didn't want to fall for her. He didn't want a repeat of history.

But he couldn't help it. A part of him was already liking her. And as much as he hated to admit it, he was already falling for her. So now, he needed to prove to himself that the girl was not perfect. She might have a lot of little black dots in her life, but the only black dot that could repel him from falling for her was if she really turned out to be Kris Wu's wife.

Something was telling him that his suspicion was the truth, and that was why he wanted to stop himself from being drawn to her. But he needed a proof. Getting her to admit it wouldn't be easy, nonetheless. Thus - although this sounded paradoxical to his goal - the only way he could do was to insist on keeping her as his girlfriend unless she admit it to it right away. He knew that it would just be a matter of time before she grew tired of the dating game and spilled the beans herself.