Chapter 52

Kris jumped in surprise when he walked past the kitchen and saw someone at the counter from his peripheral view. He sighed in relief when he realized it was just Yeojin.

"I thought you're already asleep." He trudged toward her tossing his suit on the sofa he passed by. "You need to rest. We have a short press conference tomorrow."

Yeojin perked up at his voice and gave a weak smile. "Couldn't sleep."

Kris chuckled and pointed at the mug she was holding. "Coffee wouldn't help you sleep."

Yeojin scowled and sipped her coffee anyway. "Oh! And-" Tucking strands of her hair behind her ear, she suddenly blushed much to his amusement and confusion. "I went through your luggage and borrowed this sweater. It's big enough to be a sleep dress for me. You don't mind, do you?"

Untying his bowtie, Kris snorted. "Of course not. My stuff is yours too." He walked to the cabinet behind her to get a glass after feeling satisfied seeing her baffled look. "You could've called Mr. Ahn to send your clothes and Beavie, you know?" He smirked when he turned around and saw her even more flustered.

"R-right!" Yeojin scratched her neck and looked away. "Didn't thought of that. Should I call him now?"

He checked his watch as he turned for the dispenser. "It's late now," he replied while filling up his glass with water. "And I'm okay with you wearing my sweater." A smile curled on his lips when he faced her again before downing his water. "What about Beavie though? Can you sleep without it? It hasn't been raining in a while but... yeah." He shrugged.

Yeojin just blinked at him; her gaze dropped down afteewards. "Will you sleep with me?" She asked when he sat across her at the counter; her eyes on him.

Kris almost choked on his water when he heard her question. They had not been sleeping in one bed for a pretty long time ever since her mom's accident. He missed her presence beside him, but he had not been pushing it because he knew she needed her own space.

He cleared his throat. "S-sure."

"Thanks." She gave him a small smile. "I just don't feel like being alone right now," she admitted in a hushed voice, lowering her gaze.

The burden her voice was carrying felt almost tangible. Kris felt responsible for whatever she was feeling right now. He hated seeing her like this. He wanted to see the cheerful Yeojin back.

"I'm sorry," he broke the growing silence.

Yeojin lifted her gaze surprised and stared at him with rounded eyes. Then, a corner of her lips curled up as she lightly shook her head. He watched her straightened up in her seat as she took a long deep breath. Just that simple action made her look like a flower slowly blooming. Her visage turned brighter with the smile that gradually became wider.

She gave him a lopsided smile. "Stop apologizing, Kris. You told me to stop doing it, but you keep on doing it yourself. And by the way, this room is huge!" She gestured with stretched arms. "I mean, look at it! It's bigger than our house, don't you think? The living room is almost twice the size of ours!"

Ours. A smile crept on his face as he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I guess so." He shrugged. "You want to stay here instead?" He quirked a brow.

Yeojin scrunched her nose and shook her head. "I like our house better." She hugged the mug with her hands.

"Good." He grinned at her before drinking his water again.

"So," her cheerful tone dropped, "do you think Park Changsun was behind this?"

Kris paused and slowly placed down his glass. "What made you say that?"

"Chanyeol oppa was here a while ago before you came," she revealed.