Chapter 24

Sehun had been meaning to ask her if anything was troubling her ever since they chose a table at the Burger King. But seeing how she was eager to study, he decided to put his question aside and answered her questions about the subjects to be tested instead as they chewed their burgers. They ended up staying at Burger King for hours before they hopped to a cafe and continued studying there until it was almost dinner time.

Sehun was going to drop her home right away, but Yeojin suggested eating dinner together which surprised him. Honestly, he didn't mind one bit to spend more time with her. Yet, the fact that she was the one who initiated it raised more questions in his mind. They settled with convenience-store food for dinner. Yeojin was awfully quiet throughout dinner unlike when they were studying. She obviously had something in mind.

"We're here," he announced as the motorbike stopped in front of her house.

Yeojin weakly alighted with a sigh but gave him a small smile when she handed him the helmet. "Thanks." Her gaze fell to the ground before she turned around to head for the door.

"Wait." Sehun took off his helmet. Yeojin turned to look at him with raised brows before he asked, "Are you okay?"

Her eye brows were lifted higher before they went down, and her lips curled upward. "Yeah. I'm okay." She shrugged. "Thanks again." She turned back around, but Sehun grabbed her hand.

Yeojin looked down at her hand in his and then at Sehun. She opened her mouth to ask, but he beat her to it.

"I know we got off the wrong foot," he started as his eyes held her gaze, "but I'm still your boyfriend." Yeojin felt her heart did a little jump at that, and without realizing, she held her breath. "Just know that whatever it is...," he paused trying to find the right words. He wanted to say 'you can trust me' but that sounded like a lie considering how they started. "I'm here," he decided to say that instead.

Yeojin was taken aback by his words. She could only blink at him. She couldn't understand why every time he did or say little things to her recently, it made her want to stay beside him a little longer. She then felt the warmth that was engulfing her hand left.

Sehun let go of her hand. "Study a bit more." He wore back his helmet. "But don't sleep too late." He ruffled her hair and she ducked her head at his touch.

"T-thanks," she stuttered.

"Go inside." He nodded his head toward the door.

Yeojin slowly nodded and walked toward the door. She looked back at him and saw him smiled before he swiveled down the visor of his helmet and rode his motorbike away. She sighed and opened the door of the gate. Her heart suddenly picked its pace as she passed the garden and headed to her house. She paused in front of the door to her house and bit down her lip.

Is he here already? She questioned in her mind. Idiot! Of course he's home, it's already past seven. With trembling heart, she opened the door.

"Where have you been?" Kris immediately stood up from the couch when he heard the door open.

Yeojin lowered her head when Kris approached her. She tried to walk past him, but he blocked the way.

"We need to talk-"

"Not now," she immediately spoke; her tone was biting. She glanced up at him, but the thought of him touching her body suddenly made her self-conscious; thus, she immediately looked away. "I... I-I need to study for the exam tomorrow, and I'm really tired right now, and-" She gulped when she looked up and found him staring at her. She looked away again. "And I don't want to see you right now." Kris still stood in front of her. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. "Please," her voice came out croaked.