Chapter 18

Yeojin bit her lip seeing the circled number on her accounting quiz paper.

40?! Seriously, Yeojin? She hit her own head, feeling frustrated of herself.

"So, now you have seen your grades," Miss Moon, the accounting teacher, said. "I have to say that I'm happy to see your grades - well at least almost all of you," the lady made sure to make eye contact with Yeojin before beaming at the others again.

The girl wished she were a turtle right then so she could just hide in her shell while the others cheered at the compliment.

"Don't be too happy just yet. You still have the upcoming midterm exam. So you better not slack off." The students groaned at the announcement. "You may now have your break before proceeding to your next class."

The class president cued the others to greet her. Soon after, they all stood up and went out of the class.

"Hey," Sunhee slung an arm around Yeojin's neck, "cheer up, kay?" She lightly pinched Yeojin's cheek and Yeojin just sighed. Sunhee had not seen Yeojin's grade, but judging from her slumped shoulders, she knew it must not be good. "Come on, let's get some snacks before the class starts." Sunhee said, pulling Yeojin's hand.

"Miss Kwon," Miss Moon called just as they were at the door. "I need to speak with you for a minute."

Yeojin sighed again and Sunhee looked at her worriedly.

"It's okay," Yeojin gave her a small smile. "You go on. It'll just take a minute."

"Okay," Sunhee finally answered but only after hesitating a few times and giving her friend a little hug.

Yeojin walked up to the front where Miss Moon was taking a seat again.

Her eyes automatically gazed down on the floor, her head bowed, feeling embarrassed of her grade. She wasn't a genius in her class like a certain ice block she knew, but she was never the plankton of the class either. She had always been a pretty good student.

But when it came to numbers, specifically accounting... Even her private tutor almost gave up on her.

"Yeojin," Miss Moon started, "I know you struggled with this subject, but you never scored this low before. And your homework grades are getting worse each week too. Is everything all right, Miss Kwon? Is anything bothering you at home as of late?" She questioned.

You mean other than having a husband (who's currently acting weird) at such a young age , and being tangled with another confusing guy? Yeah, nothing's bothering me. My life is just perfect! Except for this accounting score. Yeojin ranted sarcastically in her mind.

Noting her hesitancy, Miss Moon let out a sigh. "Look, I'm not trying to pry on your personal life, but if it causes you to flunk in my subject, then as a teacher I'm responsible to help you."

Yeojin abruptly lifted her head. "Nothing's bothering me, Ma'am," she quickly said. "Everything's fine at home." She forced a smile and bit down her lip. "I just find the subject getting harder."

"Alright," the teacher crossed her arms. "Either way, I have decided that you need some tutoring for the subject."

Oh lady, you have no idea! I need more than a tutor when it comes to accounting. I need God to do a miracle for me.

"I've found a tutor for you," Miss Moon announced.

Wait. She's serious about this? Yeojin's eyes grew wide. "Actually, Miss, I do have a private tu-"

Miss Moon stood up gathering her books to be cradled in her arm. "Come to the teacher's office after school."

"But I already-"