Chapter 33

Sehun could feel himself drained of energy when he walked out of the meeting. But once his eyes were set on Yeojin even from a distance, it was as if a breeze of fresh air had knocked away the tiredness. A corner of his lips curled up when he saw her struggling with her bag that she tried to pull out of her locker. A couple of her books fell as she took out her bag. He shook his head as he approached her.

Yeojin sighed in exasperation while stooping down to pick her fallen books. She then felt a presence and turned to the side, finding Sehun crouching down to help her pick up the books. She immediately looked away biting down her lip. She still felt it awkward to be around him. In fact, she was still feeling a little awkward around Kris too. It didn't help that she was shorter than both. She automatically would look at their lips first when they stood in front of her. She wondered if it had always been like that before the kiss.

The weird thing was when she was with Kris, she would feel like she had cheated on Kris because of the accidental kiss with Sehun. But when she was with Sehun, she would also feel like she had cheated on him because she had shared a kiss with Kris. Not to mention she actually kissed Kris back.

"I thought you have gone home." Sehun handed her the books and noticed she was shifting her gaze away from him.

"I had track & field club." Yeojin took her books and put them back inside her locker before closing it.

Sehun just realized she was wearing the school's sportswear instead of the usual uniform. "So, you're back in the club." He smiled and Yeojin only nodded. He looked down at her shoes and saw that she was wearing the pair he bought for her. He couldn't hide the growing smile breaking out on his face. "Looks good on you," he commented.

Yeojin then cleared her throat, noticing him looking down at her shoes. "How's the preparation for the camp going?" She diverted the topic.

"Good." He shrugged. "Sorry I haven't given you a ride home for days."

"I-I-It's okay." Yeojin mentally cursed herself for stuttering and feeling nervous around Sehun. I shouldn't be acting this way!

"I can give you a ride home now though."

PING.
Her phone chimed.

Areum Eonni [5.36]: I'm on the way. See you soon ^^

"It's okay." Yeojin gave him a smile though her eyes quickly looked elsewhere again. "I'll just walk home. You've had a long day. You better go home right away. I'll see you tomorrow for the camp then."

Sehun sighed and nodded. As Yeojin turned around to walk away, he quickly grabbed her arm. "Be careful though. It's getting dark already."

Yeojin stared at him for a moment, unblinking. It surprised her to see how concerned he was. Her gaze slowly lowered down as she smirked. "This isn't the first time I walked home alone, you know. I'll be fine."

His hand around her arm loosened and he nodded. "Alright. See you tomorrow them. Remember, the bus will leave at 7."

Yeojin rolled her eyes. "Alright, Mr. President. I gotta go now." She gave him a small smile and a little wave of her hand.

Sehun only heaved out a breath as he watched her leave.

__________

Kris gulped the nervous feeling down before he put a hand on the door knob. For days he had tried to push back the thought of that kiss. Though he had pretended that it was nothing, he noticed that awkwardness was present between them. But why did it have to be awkward if it was only carried-by-the-moment kind of thing? He tried to think of it as a spur of the moment, but he couldn't forget how it felt like when he felt his lips on hers. And when she kissed him back. Now, every time he looked at her, her presence made him feel constantly nervous.