66 [Crazy Kind, Part Two]

Start from the beginning

"No, I've just been focusing on myself and thinking about what I should do with Lewis," I replied, looking out into the garden. I noticed Lewis was laughing at something Harry had done, and I regretted not letting Lewis explain sooner.

"I don't understand why he flipped out at you, you two seemed happy," Katie told me.

"I thought we were too but when the glass smashed and cut me, I knew I had to re-evaluate our relationship."

"It must've been something big because before you two got into an argument he told me that he was going to-" Freya stopped talking and I raised an eyebrow at her. "Don't worry."

• • •

It was getting darker now and everyone had dispersed into different parts of the house. I was in the living room with Josh, Freya, Simon, Talia and Lewis. Lewis and I watched them play an intense game of Monopoly, as we had both decided to sit out. I sat on the sofa, looking down at my four friends on the floor.

Realising I was coming close to finishing my drink, I stood up. "I'm going to get a refill," I told them and the waved me off, too invested in the game to realise.

I walked into the kitchen and refilled my glass. I sat on the side, staring into space. I still hadn't spoken to Lewis yet and to be completely honest, I had no idea what I was going to say.

While I was staring into space and debating what to say, I didn't hear the door open. "Y/N?" Lewis said, making me jump.

"God, Lewis. Don't scare me like that again," I said, looking into my glass. I took a sip and placed it down before turning my head towards Lewis who sat next to me.

"Sorry. Can we talk?" Lewis said.

"Yeah," I replied. "You can start by explaining what you were annoyed at me for."

"It wasn't so much annoyance, I was nervous," Lewis told me.

"Nervous? Why were you nervous?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you but you were too busy having a snowball fight with JJ..." Lewis explained and it all made sense.

( FLASHBACK )

"Y/N, can I talk to you?" Lewis asked.

I turned around to face him and was about to say something when I felt something ice-cold slip down my back. I screamed as the snowball touch my skin. Turning around, I saw JJ there with a devilish smirk plastered on his face.

"JJ, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" I yelled, chasing him with a handful of snow.

"Y/N, I need to speak to you," Lewis asked again, but I was too busy having fun in the snow to realise.

"In a minute, Lewis," I rolled my eyes, sneaking up behind JJ. I shoved the snow in his face and he squealed like a little girl.

He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, walking over to a pile of snow that was in the corner. "JJ, please don't!" I begged, holding on to him for dear life.

"Say that I'm the best and you love me."

"I'm the best and JJ loves me," I grinned. JJ let go of me slightly and I gave in. "Fine! JJ is the best and I love him!"

( END OF FLASHBACK )

"I'm sorry, Lewis," I apologised. "I didn't know you wanted to talk to me that bad."

Gee and Chip along with Mia and Will walked in. "We're leaving now," Gee said.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," I told her, hugging all four of them. Lewis also hugged them briefly and they left, but not before Mia and Gee winked at me. "Why didn't you just say it was important instead of having a go at me?"

Lewis sighed as he began to explain. "I wasn't going to tell you this but I might as well," he pulled out a small box and stared at it, twirling it in between his fingers. "I wanted you alone because I was going to propose to you."

My hands flew over my mouth in shock. Is that what Freya meant when she said he told her something?

"I flipped out because JJ knew I was going to do it and he kept trying to take you away from me. I didn't mean to flip out on you," Lewis explained. He looked down and noticed the fading scar on my arm. "Did I do that?"

"Yeah but that's not the point," I told him. "Why didn't you just tell JJ that you needed me?"

"I don't know..." Lewis shrugged.

I leaned in and whispered, "Because I would've said yes."

He looked up at me, his eyes wide. "Really?"

"Lewis, I saw a future with you. I wasn't with you just for the fun of it. I loved you, and I still do."

"I still love you too," Lewis looked down at the floor. I grabbed his hands in mine, causing him to look up at me.

"Do you want to try again?" I asked him.

"Only if you want to," he smiled.

"Of course I do," I smiled.

He let go of my hands and I looked at him confused. "Can we get married so I can finally call you my wife, then?"

"I've always been yours, but yes, I'd love to be your wife," I grinned up at him.

Lewis pulled me closer to him and I placed my lips on his. The sparks that went off every time we kissed came back and it was like he never left.