We Have To Laugh Sometimes

Start from the beginning

"Yes and my birthday does not have to be celebrated"

"I want to celebrate my birthday" Aaron said.

"That's fine, just don't involve me in the whole happy birthday thing" Midnight said returning her attention to the movie as if we were done with the conversation.

"Why don't you want to celebrate your birthday Midnight?" I asked.

"Because I hate that day of my life" she said.

"You basically hate every kind of celebration including Halloween, which is an awesome holiday, free candy!" Daniela said.

"I hate a lot of things and all of it has to do with either them or... my parents leaving me" she said with a sigh.

"Get it off your chest Night, let it out it'll make you feel better" Dan said getting up and sitting right next to her to comfort her.

"It's just that my parents left me on my birthday. That whole day I waited for them to come back, but they never did come back. I waited for days right there by the window and I thought they went on a trip or something, but they never come back. They left me a birthday cake with the candles lit already, but I never touched the cake. I wanted to spend my birthday with them" she said.

"Who needs those terrible people anyways? You've got real friends that are always going to be here with you no matter what!" Daniela said.

She shrugged.

"Okay peps let's get back to this interesting movie" I said and Daniela went back to where she was sitting next to Aaron. "Are you okay?" I whispered to Midnight.

"Yeah" she whispered back.

We continued watching the movie. After a while I noticed that Midnight had fallen asleep and I didn't want to take her into the room just in case she was half asleep half awake.

"That was a good movie, Midnight I liked the movie" Daniela said standing up and stretching after the movie was finished.

"I think she's asleep" I said.

"Well I think you should take her up stairs to her room so she can rest, who knows how long she sleep before we came into her life." Aaron said getting up also.

I nodded, picked up Midnight, and took her up to her room.

Midnight

I woke up and opened my eyes. I was on the ground surrounded by pieces from walls and I was covered with dust. I was on the ground of the school I was last at.

"Midnight" I heard someone cough.

I sat up and turned to that voice that said my name.

"Give up, they've killed everyone, give up and you'll end everyone's suffering" my old friend Alex said, my friend that was killed at my apartment. He was next to me lying down covered in bits, pieces, and dust.

"You're dead and that's not true! They haven't killed anyone!" I yelled at him.

"They're on their way; they're coming to get you. Just give up already" he said and closed his eyes.

I got to my feet and started running out of the school. All the rubble was slowing me down; the whole school was destroyed by something or someone. I looked out into the road to see if the coast was clear then I dashed outside and ran as fast as I could.

I could hear them behind me carrying their guns.

"Give up, they've killed everyone..." his words ringed through the dead air.