Why Are We Wasting Time

• Dedicado a Boyle Brothers

“Midnight! Why did you ran off!” they all yelled at me when I got home with Aaron.

“We understand that you got hurt, but running away isn't the solution!” Ashley said crossing her arms like a mother would.

“Night, anything could have happened to you out there! They could be anywhere!” Daniela said.

“Why didn't you talk to one of us?” Ryder said.

Jonathan just shook his head.

I smiled and gave them a group hug.

“I don't need parents, y'all are my family.” I said

“That is so sweet, but this doesn't change anything!” Ashley said.

“I know and we'll continue this tomorrow because it's late, I'm tired, and I'm an emotion rec right now” I said with a yawn.

“Fine, but if you run away again, I'll loyally kick your ass!” Daniela said.

“Fine, fine” I said and we all walked up to our rooms.

“Why did you run?” Ryder asked when we were in our rooms.

“I couldn't take it; everything was just pressuring me, all these emotions and things. I was surprised I didn't faint or something.” I said looking up at the ceiling, “Can you put some music on, at least on low volume?”

“No problem” he said and went to push play.

The songs that played were all slow and I was asleep in no time.

“Midnight help me” Aaron begged when he fell into the water.

All I saw was Aaron in the water, drowning. I knew where we were and I didn't want to be in this place. I dread the day I will ever get a nightmare from this place. We were in the woods were I almost drowned running away from Them.

“Midnight!” he yelled.

I shook my head and his head went underwater, he didn't get back up.

“Just a dream” I said and dove right in the water.

Just as I jumped in, the water grabbed me as if it was a person. My struggled and it wouldn't let me go up for air.

Under the water I saw what happened in the past when I was about eleven.

People with black uniforms were after me with guns in their arms and I ran like hell. I got to a dead end when I got to this river. I had two choices back then: jump or get killed.

I jumped into the water, but I didn't know how to swim.

The current made me go down the river were there were sharp rocks and possibly a water fall. I didn't make a single sound as water kept on going into my lungs and carrying me down.

I stayed underwater and didn't go back up.

“No!”

Everything around me started to go black, like ink was spreading in water and making everything dark.

“I said no!”

I swam with all my might and ended up going above air for a deep breath. I saw Aaron out of the water and there was somebody behind him. The person behind him had long hair and was female; she was holding a gun up to his head.

“You pull the trigger, I'll drown you” I growled in a warning tone.

“Yeah and how are you going to do that dear Midnight? You’re in the water and I'm in land” she said with a smirk.