:::Afterdeath::: Unique Gift -- (Fluff)

A/N: I'm not dead, rejoice. (just tired...)

There was a single quote from a 1980s rom-com that inspire this fluff piece. (because anytime I hear or see something remotely romantic I immediately see how I can apply it to the Afterdeath couple: We've established I have an addiction - moving on.). It's unlikely someone could find the reference but who knows, maybe someone'll be lucky.

Ignoring it's slightly past Christmas... Enjoy.

(Just as another note. Goth is 10, Raven is 8, and Sorell is 4...ish)

No one's POV::

“Good morning, angel~” Reaper walked into the kitchen, seeing Geno making food at the stove, their three sons sitting at the table with shocking patience.

“A little late to be morning,” Geno looked over at his husband for a second, clarifying to Reaper before turning back to the stove to finish what was apparently dinner; This brought attention to just how late Reaper woke up after having come home at some point in the early morning. Reaper shook it off and, with a slightly intentful smirk, he walked over to the smaller, turning him around and wrapped his arms around his waist to lift him up, indefinitely surprising Geno. “Reaper-” Geno was about the protest as he looked down at his husband in a temporary state of shock, before easing up again.

“I’m surprised you managed to get the kids to be quiet for this long,” The two drew their attention to the table when the eldest child spoke up.

“Mom told us to be quiet so you could sleep,” Reaper chuckled as he turned back to Geno.

“Thanks babe,”

“You were working for a while so I figured you’d want to get some sleep without the kids bothering you,” Geno cradled a side of Reaper’s face, seeing him lightly press into his hand.

“That’s one way to put it,” He lightly kissed the Geno’s hand, still looking up at him, “Merry Christmas, by the way, angel,”

“Not until tomorrow…” He laughed subtly, subconsciously brushing his thumb over Reaper’s cheekbone.

“How about you finish dinner. Then, you can relax after. I’ll make sure of that,” Geno could sense an underlying meaning to what his husband said and rose a figurative eyebrow at him.

“Reaper…” He spoke in quiet disapproval, sending a silent warning to the other.

“I didn’t say anything specific,” He gave a light chuckle, almost offended that Geno assumed that of him.

“Fine put me down then,” Reaper did so but kept his arms wrapped around Geno’s waist from behind as he cooked. The smaller would have protested but he didn’t find it in him to break the contact, thus remained quiet as he basked in the subtle attention. Once Geno finished, he plated the food onto five plated, silently gesturing to Reaper to pull away and help carry them to the table. Dinner went as per normal: There were small bits of conversation that spawned between the family members, Raven and Goth still tried to pick a fight even though they had been cleverly placed on opposite sides of the table, and Geno would occasionally help his youngest, Sorell, eat properly.

Once they were done eating, Geno dismissed the three kids out of the kitchen and picked up the dishes but jumped suddenly when Reaper grabbed the plates from him. Although Reaper silenced his protest easily with a short kiss.

“I’ll take care of these, love. Go ahead and relax, I’ll join you once I’m done,” Geno was a little dumbfounded by the gesture, but couldn’t argue when Reaper pushed a little more insistently out of the room. The glitched skeleton huffed, minorly concerned his husband might accidentally break something, but continued to walk out as he heard his children playing in the living room. He felt a tug on his shirt and saw Sorell reaching up, signalling he wanted to be picked up; With a quiet chuckle, Geno leaned down and picked the child up, holding him against this side as he walked over to the couch. As he took a seat, Sorell stayed resting in his lap, remaining surprisingly silent, although Geno certainly didn’t mind. He heard a quiet bickering from the other two that were sitting on the ground near the trimmed tree with a few toys, sighing in annoyance.