:::ErrorDeath::: New Opportunity - (Fluff)

A/N: I have been meaning to write this ship for so long now and finally I have done it.

This is basically just angsty Afterdeath with extra steps. While this oneshot is fluff, its a bit bitter sweet too, so be warned.

It was just one of those days for Error where he had no intentions of interacting with anyone, which was a common place mood for him. He laid back onto his oversized bean bag, focusing a little too hard on the stitches of his knitting, the faint clicking of the knitting needles echoing in the vast emptiness of the anti-void. Error quickly repositioned his glasses that slipped just slightly from the bridge of his nose, knitting away at a scarf he was making: For what purpose, he didn't know, but he found the task mindless enough that it didn't really matter to him. The glitched skeleton seemed to have completely ignored the sound of a nearby portal warping in and just as quickly away, bringing about its divine guest.

"Hi angel, hope I'm not interrupting," Error jumped rather harshly at the break of concentration by the sound of a much nearer voice than the usual echoed whispers he's grown accustomed to in his home. He glared sharply at the owner of the voice, settling his briefly glitched vision on a black cloaked skeleton floating a few inches of the ground.

"Oh it's you..." The god had been more of a frequent sight to the glitch post-discovery of his forgotten origins as the outcode known as 'Geno'. Error has so few, if at all, recollections of the person he was before, but being near Reaper always sparked a strange feeling of familiarity in him he wasn't really sure what to think about. In a weird way, his soul desired the touch of the other, much like in the recollections of their past the god spoke fondly of, but his crippling phobia stopped it post-haste.

Since Reaper's insistence to see him persisted, Error has been pushed more into a battle with his irrational phobia. This of course hasn't gone unnoticed by the god, and his gentle words of support and encouragement have been the glitched skeleton's saving grace in all this, even if he hardly voices that gratitude towards the other.

It's been a slow process of course: not only does Error hold resentment towards his phobia for stopping his want for even the simplest affection, but a slow burning guilt has settled more in the depth of his soul for every little thing he can't ever recall from his past that his supposed partner will look back on: Small comparisons to the things he says and does to what he did before stung him more and more. Reaper had to catch himself often from comparing Error to his past self, knowing it made the glitched skeleton uncomfortable, but the similarities the two still have haunted Reaper all the same.

"Glad to see you too, love," Reaper teased briefly, moving slowly towards the beanbag to sit on a perpendicular side near Error, knowing, especially after the brief scare, that Error would need his space.

"Not sure why you keep bothering me like this, it's not like I'll somehow remember anything," Error focused back to his mindless task, having paid attention to where Reaper was and the distance between them.

"I know," The god spoke quaintly, not seeming bothered by the notion. He had already understood that the 'Geno' he knew was likely gone for good, but that didn't stop him from pursuing Error. While Error seems like a different person, he is still the same in mind and in soul: he has simply forgotten his past, passing off the task of creating a brand new future for the two onto the god, to which Reaper graciously took.

"Whatever..." Error couldn't have been bothered to push the god of death away, being unwilling to admit that his fragmented soul sparked to life at even that level of proximity: Reaper very much felt the same way, allowing the two to relish in the silence of the white void around them, with that excited hum reverberating in their chests.