:::Poth::: Sugary Sweet Confection -- (Fluff)

AN: Can you guys tell I'm having a mood? No?

Well anyway, today is Pocky Day and I though what better couple then Poth. Also thanks to Pawpricez for helping me with the title 'cause I can't title for my work for beans.

Enjoy, I guess.

No one's POV::

“Hey Palette?” Goth gained the attention of his roommate sitting on the couch, biding his time watching TV.

“Yea, what’s up?” He quickly turned to face the smaller, seeing him uncharacteristically excited.

“Do you know what today is?” Goth held his hands behind his back as he asked, standing beside the couch eagerly.

“Uh, no?” Palette was growing confused at what could cause such excitement, but smiled lightly finding Goth’s enthusiasm rather adorable; simultaneously beating himself up for even thinking that. Smiling, Goth revealed his hands from behind him and pulled a small red box along with them, holding it in front of him to give Palette a good look.

“It’s Pocky Day!” Palette continued to draw a blank of what his friend was talking about, changing his gaze from the red box to Goth’s single pinprick shining cordially.

“Uhh and…?” Palette dragged on in hopes of receiving a better explanation. Goth chuckled softly before taking a seat beside the taller, inadvertently causing him to scoot over to make room for the other.

“Well usually people would do something called the ‘pocky game’,” Goth fiddled with the box as he opened it, Palette oddly noticing a slight purple dusting over his friends face. The smaller pulled open the small sealed bag inside the box, grabbing a single pocky stick before continuing. “It’s where two people would hold a pocky stick between them… with their mouths…” Goth spoke quietly at the last part, looking down timidly, knowing how embarrassing it was to ask this. “... a-and then see who’d last the longest…” He continued nonetheless as he looked back up at Palette with a smile, trying to seem more confident than he actually is. Palette, on the other hand, was slightly confused at the proposal, feeling a slight blush grow on his face as well as he couldn’t help but draw his sight to Goth’s lips for a moment. He retrospectively beat himself for allowing his mind to wander to that kind of idea, shaking his head slightly before looking at Goth more intently as Goth spoke up again. “Would you like to try?” His voice shook slightly in fear of the other’s rejection, but was met with a more sincere look that seemed to ease him.

“Sure!” Goth felt his face burn up but did his beat to control the deeper shade on his face, taking a deep breath before biting onto the chocolate covered end of the sweet, closing his eyes as he lifted his head up, allowing Palette to nip the other end and followed with shutting his eyelids as well. Goth peaked his one functioning eye socket open to see Palette ever so slightly get closer as he continued to bite on the pocky stick. A part of Goth’s mind wanted to give up and pull away to admit defeat but the other wanted to give in and continue forward in hope of what could conclude this: the latter seemed to have won as he also took another small bite closer to the center point of the treat. The smaller tensed up slightly when he felt Palette wrap a hand behind his neck to steady him, growing more terrified to open his eyes as he could feel the distance had become near non existent. The minutes that passed by felt eternal, Goth’s eyes still remained screwed shut until he finally felt the sensation of Palette’s lips on his, causing him to go wide eyes but leaving him completely petrified. In a short moment he eased up, seeing as Palette made no effort to pull away, tilting his head and drifting his eyes closed again as he melted into the kiss that Palette had delivered. In that short hesitance, guilt took Palette in fear that this was too quick for his shorter ‘friend’ but upon feeling the acceptance, those thoughts were quickly disbanded, now kissing with more insistence, feeling the passion returned. Goth’s fingers twisted into the fabric of Palette’s shirt, clinging on for security as he pushing further and unconsciously giving in to his previously pent up desire. The smaller was surprised by the outcome but by no means complained, quite the contrary actually, but was disappointed when that all too blissful moment was cut short. Palette finally pulled away, looking at the smaller with the kind of gaze one would give to an adored treasure.  

“So who wins?” Palette whispered quietly against the Goth’s ‘lips’ with a slight tease lingering in his words, met with a momentary stunned silence.

“I… think it was a draw,” Goth’s voice was emitted quietly as he hazily looked at Palette’s brightly hued star eyes, almost mesmerized from the proximity.

“You think so?” Palette continued, feeling how they both clearly wanted to stop talking and continue their previous affection.

“I don’t know, maybe if we try... again…” The distance was slowly minimized again as Goth’s fading voice was silenced by Palette again, their ‘lips’ once again moving methodically together. This time it seemed a bit more heated as Goth felt a gentle nip at his lower lip, which he initially found surprising given Palette’s typical demeanor, but nonetheless opened his mouth to allow him in. Much to his expectancy, Palette was careful and loving, going slow to assure it wasn’t to surprising for him, not that he minded but on the latter end, he wouldn’t be unopposed to a more aggressive approach. Goth felt a subtle push on him as he fell back against the armrest of the couch with Palette looming over him, not breaking away from for even a second, finding enjoyment in tasting the light notes of chocolate that resided on Goth’s lips. The smaller wrapped his arms around the other’s neck but felt yet another pull away from the kiss, panting as he felt his forehead touching Palette’s, looking at him in a slight daze.

“I think this might have gone a bit beyond the game, huh?” Palette chuckled with uncertainty, conflict riddling his face, “Sorry…” He mumbled, shocking the smaller and immediately causing a firm shake of his head.

“No, it was my idea so if anyone is at fault, it’s me,” Goth felt a pang of guilt as he turning his gaze to the side but then looked back up at Palette, “Besides, I was kinda hoping for that…” He smiled shyly, feeling his face heat up again from admitting to that: likely being the closest thing to a confession he has ever come. Palette was admittedly shocked from hearing that, but in a split second made the choice to comfort Goth with a light peck on the cheek, smiling sweetly.

“I can’t really deny that either, but we can just take it slow for now,” Goth seemed to beam at the positive return of feelings, nodding lightly before pulling Palette in by the neck into a tight hug. The taller seemed to easily reciprocate that as he turned to the side and wrapped his arms around the smaller torso pressed against him, burying his face into the crook of Goth’s neck, humming pleasantly.

Who knew that a small sugary sweet could have been the catalyst to their prospective relationship.

Additional last minute note before publishing, I may or may not have just adopted a little Afterdeath story called 'Flat liner'... umm, that will become a really bad mistake but it's fine. I intend to do this for the sake of a great story that had become discontinued. So potentially stay tuned.