Chapter 13 The Lies

Tobias POV:

"What is going on?" I yelled.

"My king, the planes were sent to bomb Tiger Woods." The little man , number 2 said. I felt my body tense all over.

"And who gave those orders? Did the bombs hit the school?" I felt my face turning red with anger. One job. I give them one job.

"No, they didn't hit the school. Only the magic holders were selected to go outside and be bombed." Only!? If anything, it should have been humans that were killed not magic holders. Not a single magic holders life has been lost since the take over attacks I have been moving. Why on freaking Zila would that change?
At least Liv wouldn't  have been called. Nobody knows she is a magic holder but me.

Relief came upon me for a second. Then the stones all lighting up from her presents popped in my head. The class saw. They could have told the head minister and he could've put her on the list. Fear and rage rushed to my side faster than the relief did.

"Did you find her? Did any of you manage to discover her location?"

"My King. We were able to find her outside when the bombs were going off..." The tallest one spoke up. Number one.

"Go on! I would assume you all failed because I do not see her in my sight. Explain yourselves. And for your sakes, it better be damn good."

"We spotted her and perused after her but she had a body guard with her. A wind holder. He pushed us back and we ordered others to take her." Number 3 entered the conversation.

"I told you that your orders were strictly yours!" I yelled.

"Yes, but there was a team stationed by the warehouse they entered...We assumed it would've been a better chance to capture her."

"Assumed? Assumed!? And what was the outcome of your assuming?"

"In our haste trying to accomplish our mission, we forgot that the chef commander had given orders to kill every magic holder from that school. No exceptions." Number 3 paused, scared to entertain me with the rest of the story.

"So, because we were trying to situate ourselves and knew your desires to have her; we ordered others near the warehouse to capture her. But because of the Chef Commanders orders, which has higher authority than ours ,the men shot at the girl and her body guard. All do respect, I think they were aiming for the body guard but the girl....she was in the way." Number 4 finished for 3.

"She. Was. Shot?" I pierced each word with calmed anger.

"Yes, My king. To our knowledge she is in critical care or dead. The men that shot her were killed by what we assume the wind holder." Number 5 gave with little comfort.

"Who was your chef commander?" My rage had been bottling up through this conversation and I feel like I'm fixing to explode.

"Chef Evans. Second in command of artillery and weaponry with General Williams at first command."

"What incentives would he possibly have to bomb all the magic holders? What could he possibly gain..." I asked myself so frustrated with the idiots I am surrounded by.

"We do not know, My King. We give our deepest regards for failing at our mission." Number 1 stated.

"Did you even find out Odeles secret plans? Or if she even has any?"

Wait. Odele. Chef Evans.

"You can be in charge of the bombs." He had told Odele.