Chapter 39

Live POV:

"My Highness, you must wake up!" Kassidy quietly yells.

"Huh?" I try to think what is going on. I recall last nights events. Was I dreaming?

"You will be late." Kassidy urges, beginning to pull me out of bed.

"She really must've had a blast last night." Clemine says with humor. "Did you snag a prince?" You could hear the smile in her voice.

"You only wanted me to get one?" I jokingly say as I try sitting up.

"Haha, Half asleep and she still has jokes to make." Clemine says with a clap.

"I'm not trying to be pushy, but we only have 15 minutes to get you prim and proper." Kassidy states as she rushed off to get me a dress.

"15 minutes for what?"

"Why, the princess tea party." Clemine says picking out jewelry.

"Princess Tea Party?" I let out a laugh. "I am sorry, it just sounds like a child's game."

"Oh... It's no child's game, Miss. The Royal families take the tea party seriously." Kassidy returns.

"What exactly happens in a princess tea party?"

"Well, it is an all day long agenda that includes several competitions within the day. First, you will meet in the Tea Room where all princesses will be accounted for. Then you will participate in events such as archery, balance, mind games, talent. Then after those are completed, you will have a scavenger hunt within the maze. Finally, the victor will be crowned and then there will be a small ceremony in the garden which is a dance with just the princesses and princes."

"Emmmmm.... They should really change the name. Doesn't sound anything like a tea party to me. And I have to do this? I have never shot a bow in arrow. And I don't have a talent! What am I going to do? It's going to be so humiliating. I'm THE princess so isn't it expected of me to win?"

"Highness, it is just a little game to help girls warm up to each other." Clemine says, resting a hand on my shoulder for a second.

"Or get them to hate each other." I murmur. "How in the world can I fight or scavenger in this?" I gesture to the dress as they lace up the back.

"It's a magical dress. It will change to suit the occasion."

"Why can't all my dresses be like this?" I laugh.

"Okay, done!" They put the earrings in my ears. "Now go!" Kassidy pushes me out my door.

"Wait I need shoes!" I call back but I was already shuffling down the hall. I point to my feet and magic swirls surround them, creating the shoes.

I pass down hallway after hallway and go down a flight of stairs. When I started to pass another hallway I saw the princes in a group together conspiring. I halt. I tried to be sneaky but they heard me coming and were already looking at me.

"Oh, hey guys! What are y'all doing?" I ask trying to be casual. Leo grins.

"What are we doing? What are you doing? Shouldn't you be at the Princess Tea Party?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah I was just on my way. But why are y'all in a group in the hall?" I try to see which ones were there. Leo, Kurt, Zaine, Radian, Blake, Bladen, Tate, Xander, Stone, and who are the rest?

Blake breaks away from the group and walks towards me. I give him a questioning look and he just smirks. I break eye contact and look back at the group of princes.