Chapter 6 The Ferris Wheel

It was like he read my mind. When we entered we headed straight for the ferris wheel.

"How did you know this is what I wanted to get on." I say as we get into the little cart of the ferris wheel.

"Oh." He laughed a little. " I didn't. I just though you would like the view. It is amazing."

"Most guys would just take credit for things like this." I laughed.

"I'm not most guys." He said chuckling. No your not.

He was right. When we got to the top, you could see everything.

"Wow..." I started to say something when a loud bang happened and it stopped turning. We were almost at the top when it happened.

"What is happening?" I asked Asher.

"I am sure this happens all the time. It will be up and running in a few minutes. Just enjoy the view." He laughed. I have a bad feeling about this. I tighten my grip on the flowers I received from Matthew. I didn't say anything. I leaned over to the door and looked out the window. I could hear people freaking out. The man said something about a women and the other people didn't believe him. I saw a shadow move under the cart, and then the door I was leaning on came open.

"Ahh!" I cried out as I tired reaching for something. I held onto the handle, but my arms can't hold myself. I dropped the flowers and watched as they fell 50 feet. Asher held out his hand for me. I grabbed his hands, barely able to hold them because my hands were getting sweaty. As he tried to pull me up a gust of wind push me back, making my hands slip out of his.

"That wasn't me!" He called before I could accuse him. He quickly grabbed unto my wrist before falling.

"I don't know what to do!" I cried out. I could feel tears forming and my body began to shake. Oh my gosh. This is it. I am going to die. "Asher, I am sorry." I mutter.

"Just calm down. It will be fine. I don't want to hear your sorrys, you haven't done anything wrong. Liv, I am sorry for putting you in danger. I swear you won't die." He tried to tell my calmly, but his voice was edgy. Is this really how I am going to die? I am so stupid! Stop thinking that! Asher is going to save you. I hope. Another gust of wind knocked me down, pulling me away from Asher. I turned watching as I fell. I felt wind choking me. Is a Magic Holder of Wind doing this? What did I do to them? I don't even know any magic holders. The loss of oxygen made everything dizzy. I couldn't hold on anymore.

"Asher..." I mutter as the dizziness consumes me.

~~~

I open my eyes and I am in my bed. Was I dreaming? No. I still have the Diamond Star Pepalla. What? I heard Asher talking to Lexi.

"I can't believe they found her." Aunt Lexi said whispering.

"Are you sure it was them?"

"Who else would it be?" She sounded stressed.

"Do we tell her? I am sure she will want some answers. We can't keep hiding the truth."

"No. We can't. She is still in danger, even more if she finds out."

"But I think she should know! What are we going to tell her? She slept the day away?"

"Well..."

"No! We can't keep her in the blind. It's time she knows!" I could hear Asher speaking behind gritted teeth.

"You took an oath just as did I! Don't break it! It was the kings wish for her to find out when this was over." The king?

"Ugh! So what will we tell her?"

"It was a dream." What are they talking about? I got out of bed trying to stand, but my legs fumbled. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and then my Aunt Lexi and Asher came in. He helped me up.

"Are you okay?" He said sincerely. His touch was gentle.

"What were y'all talking about?" I asked and Lexi gave me a look.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb! I heard y'all!" Asher set me in my bed and gave Lexi a look like 'I told you so'.

"Have you been taking your pills?" I haven't really been thinking about them since I threw them away. After the plane I stopped taking them.

"No."

"Since when?"

"When I got here." Lexi left the room.

"What is going on."

"What do you remember?"

"We went on a date and rode the ferris wheel and I fell and was choking..."

"That never happened."

"What? None of that happened? Not the swan river or the paddle boats or any of the fun we had?" I could see the hurt in his eyes as he lied to me.

"No. We were going to but when you came out of the bathroom you fainted. You looked ill when I first saw you too. I put you on your bed and called Lexi. You must have dreamed everything." I looked into his eyes.

"Tell me the truth." I ordered. "Asher, please. You can't lie to me."

"Liv, You are..." He started, then Lexi walked in with my pills and a glass of water.

"Take them."

"Where did you get these? I threw them away."

"Please. Liv, please take them. And don't ask questions." I grabbed the two pink pills and put them under my tongue and pretended to take them.

"Thank you."

"Yes."

"So what do you remember?" She asked and I looked at Asher. His eyes pleaded with mine.

"I fainted right before we left to go on a date." Asher looked down and Lexi smiled.

"Such a pity. I'm sure y'all would have had so much fun. Maybe next week. Well we will leave so you can get some rest." Asher stands up and I grab his arm.

"Can he stay for a little while longer, please." I asked and Lexi gave a thinking look.

"Sure." She hesitated and smiled. She walked out and left us alone.