Chapter 4 The First Day

"Ahhhh!" My eyes flashed open. I took in my surroundings. I was covered in a thick layer of sweat and felt sick.

It was just a nightmare, but I don't remember anything about it. All that is left from it is the sweat I'm covered in and the fear of what was going on. Calm down. It was a dream. Nothing more. I take a deep breath. I need to get ready for school.

I take a shower and find the outfit Lexi picked out for me. I love clothes and I guess you can call me a girly girl, but I'm not afraid to get dirty. I changed the outfit, though. I didn't feel like getting that dressed up today. Instead, I wore a hot pink tank top that had a zipper pocket on the right, a white lace jacket over it, dark jeans, with white flats. I also wore hot pink earrings to match. I never really put on a lot of makeup other than mascara and foundation. I suck at curling my hair, so I put it in a bun. I went down stairs thinking I heard the door shut to see that Lexi left me a note.

'Sorry, I have to be somewhere. Don't worry, though. I found you a ride. ;) '

Next thing I know I heard footsteps coming from the door. I open the door as he was about to knock.

"How...." He trailed off like it would be a stupid question.

"So, I guess your my ride?" I look at him. "Is there something wrong with me?" I asked him as he looked amazed at me. Like he was taking all of me in. Made my stomach flutter for a second.

"Huh? Oh. No. You look beautiful. That's all." He said so honestly. I blushed. No guy has ever really called me that. "But, yes I am." He takes my books from me and shuts the door.

"You don't have to do that." I protested as he was walking me to his car, opening my door for me. Is he human? How can a boy this amazing be in my life right now? He is so sweet. I know we aren't anything, but still, I'm enjoying this. Wow. Liv, stop fangirling. Don't jinx yourself. Man, I am going crazy.

"No. I insist. Don't worry." With that he jumped in the drivers seat and we drove to school.

~~~

The girls all seemed to scold me when they saw who drove me to school. I guess they all or at least most of them had a thing for Asher. He didn't seem to notice though. Through the whole day, I watch him. Not the creapy stalker way, but I was trying to figure him out. He showed me and whoever else needed help, where their classes were. He included me at his table at lunch, I guess because I looked lost and alone. I saw him helping people carry some boxes, and saved some guy from being shoved into a trash can. He is so different than what I thought. He isn't a jerk in anyway, he includes everybody and make them feel welcomed. He is like everybody's friend. It's so strange. I didn't know guys or even people like that still existed.

Then during my 5th period I finally made a friend.

"Hey! You're the new girl!" A girl slid into the seat next to mine. She was really pretty. She had green eyes and blonde straight hair. "Well there are a few this year, but your the main talk." Yeah, I figured that's what this was about.

"Anyway, don't worry. I'm not one of his groupies, I'm not here to tell you to back off or anything." She smiled. "Like, don't get me wrong, he is a great guy! But, I don't know, I just don't find him..... for me." She laughed a little. She talks a lot. I don't mind, though. Other than Asher, she is the only one who has really talked to me. " Oh, sorry! My name is Clover Tiller. Sorry. I talk a lot and sometimes get off topic." I smiled by how honest she was. I could tell she was nice and she is one of the few people here I haven't heard cursing.

"Oh, no. Don't apologize. You're kind of the first person to really talk to me. And, I like to talk a lot, too, sometimes. My name is Liv Faye."

"Faye." She whispered to herself as though to figure something out.