Chapter 31

Asher POV:

I started walking to the Dinning Hall. I got a text saying that breakfast would be served later today for those of us that "needed" a late breakfast. The party guest still had their early morning routine in check, so they got a normal early breakfast. I heard Radian yelling... This early in the morning? What could be the big deal? I give a slight smile. Wonder if it's about Liv. My heart rate increases a little at her name. What? Eh, it's cause I just woke up. I hope Liv slept good last night... I just left her in her dress. No way would I underdress her! We aren't dating, and we aren't married. And it seemed like a hassle for the maids to come up to change her and in the end she would've been embarrassed either way.

As I draw close to the dinning hall door I hear screaming. Haha, That sounds like Liv. Wondering what prank they did... She screams again. That isn't her, "Ah, I just got scared" scream... that, that's a dying scream! I slam the doors open looking to find Liv. Surely it was just a joke. She can't really be... I look down as Liv is on the ground burning alive. I see Blake attack Radian.

"Why the hell did you do that!" Blake growls and punches.

"I didn't mean to!" Radian bits back.

"Make it stop! I swear, I'm going to.."

"I can't make it stop!" Radian starts to fight back seeing he is on death roll with Blake.

"You...! She is going to die because of you! She never did anything wrong! We didn't do ANYTHING!" Blake had him pinned up against the wall and was yelling in his face. The area around them started to shake and parts of the ground were breaking off.

"Blake!" Bladen yells. "This isn't the way! You need to control yourself!" Blake showed no sign of recognition.

"BLAKE! If she dies it will be because y'all did nothing but fight while she lays there burning!" I yell and I see a flicker in his eyes. I look back at Liv still burning. Kurt runs up.

"Iceman. Cool her off." Kurt give a pity laugh.

"Cool... This is fire! It going to take a lot more the make it stop."

"Then do it!"

"But if I do, she will go from burning alive to being frozen!"

"You can control your magic?!"

"This is different..." He looks at her and I see her starting to fade.

"I'll help you! Hurry! Just do it." We both put our hands out and he blasts his Ice magic hard enough to extinguish it and I use my wind magic as a rebound to prevent her from becoming a frozen statue.

"Where is Liam! Someone get Liam!" Kurt yells as we are almost done putting her out. I look into her eyes as her eyelids start to flicker. No,no, no! Liv! Her eyelids shut. And then we were done. I grab her and pull her into my arms.

"No, Liv. Not again! I can't lose you." I felt something inside of me drop. Break. Shatter. I check for her pulse but I can't find one. It's okay to cry, I can hear her say if she was still her. She can be...dead! She can't die! I grab her hand as I cradle her. She is limp. I kiss her hand and look at her distorted face from the fire.
"You're still beautiful, to me." I whisper as I put my forehead to hers and tears stream down my face. Right now, I feel like I hold all the sadness in the world. I look at her closed eyes. But that's only cause I used to hold all happiness of the world in my arms. I lift my head up and scream.

"What is going..." I hear the rest of the princes enter. "on." They drop their sentence and get quiet.

"What happen?" Stone says in a rough voice, moving closer.

"She.." I my voice cracked. "Liv, is dead." I drop my head again, not wanting to see anybody's face but Livs. I here Clover gasp and start to cry. I glance at the group to see if Liam was here yet. Maybe he could bring her back. Maybe it wasn't too late.

Tate had Clover in his arms as she started to cry, and he had an emotionless face on. Damien was talking with Blake and Bladen. Radian pushed his way past people and left. Zaine had fallen to his knees. Galen had seen Aden's face at my words and had taken him away. But no Liam.

Why can't I be stronger? Why can't I have a different, better magic where I can save her life? Why did this have to happen? Rage and guilt bubbled inside of. I thought back to last night. At least we had a good night together.. Tears started to form again.

Only for you, will I ever shed a thousand tears. I kissed her forehead.

A hand was placed on my shoulder.

"It's time. Just lay her down." Stones voice was smooth and sensitive.

"No! I will never let her go." I held on to her tighter.

"Asher. Let her body be. There is no soul in it." My body tenses at the realization. I am unable to move.

"I don't believe it."

"Your holding her corps, Asher. She is limp in your arms... you have to know."

"I won't ever believe she is dead. Never." Liam runs through the door, Kurt following quickly behind.

"Bout time!" I say roughly. Liam rushes over and freezes in front of her.

"She...cant be." Liam gasps and falls to his knees.

"Liam. Please. There HAS to be something, anything you can do." I beg.
Liam puts his hands on her chest where her heart is and there begins to be a glow, but quickly fades just when my heart started to beat again in hope.

"I can't... She." He stops, tears forming in his eyes. "Livaya is out of my grasp." He grabs one of her hands and puts it to his face as he begins to cry.

"This can't be it.." I say, getting angry.

"Asher.." Stone starts.

"No! There are millions of magic holders on this plant, you can't tell me that not a single one of then can do anything!" I end up yelling by the end of it. Liam slowly raises his head up with a look in his eyes.

"I... I know someone who can bring her back!" He says surprisingly.

"Well, get them!" I order and Liam runs out of the room.

What will the king do? What will he do to Raidan? I could care less about him right now... but I know Liv wouldn't want him getting hurt. I sigh. That person better be able to give her back to me.

~~~~A/N~~~~
This chapter was so sad to write!!! How was it?! Tell me what you think and any ideas you may have for the story or what way it should go! Please comment, like, and share!!! Thank you so much for reading!!!!