Chapter 9 The Dream

Liv POV:

The next few days Mr.Madeira wasn't at school. On the news were constant attacks, terrorist were sweeping into the places that used to Deriqal and trying to convert them to become loyal to the King of Maderia. If they refused, they were taken hostage and if they fought, they were executed. The school said we had no need to be afraid so they continued with school. Asher has his suspicion that is it Mr. Maderia who is behind them. He wouldn't elaborate though on reasons.

I sat in class, staring at the wall and fiddling with my pencil. 

"Are you really freaking out?" Clover asked making a joke.

"Well..." I said still not really focusing.

"Stop. There are millions of people to do that for you. Stop living in fear and worrying over what might happen. There is also a chance it might not happen, too." She said matter-of-fact like. Her telling me that calmed me down.

I went to my 3rd period. I got really caught up in the lesson and forgot all about the attacks. Then, Principal Reagan made an announcement.

"Will these students please report outside by the gazebo. George Abington, Anna Abington, Sarah Allen, Daniel Aret,......" The whole class fell silent listening to the names. "Liv Faye...." He called my name and the whole class turned and stared at me.

"Do you know why you are going?" A boy asked me.

"No." I said starting to get up.

"Asher Star,....." Why was he being called? Maybe he will know.

"And Gabby Willow. Please everyone I called please report outside by the gazebo. Thank you." His voice was scared. I had a bad feeling about this. My stomach sank and I walked looking for Asher. The door came into view when I saw Asher standing next to me. I tried to smile.

"Do you know what is happening?"

"No. Are you scared?" He looked at my body shaking from nerves.

"Yes." I said. Even my voice was filled with fear. He put his arm over me and pulled me close as we came closer to the big doors that led outside.

"Don't be..." I could hear in his tone something he knew and wasn't telling me. Then I remember this feeling. My dream I had a few weeks ago. I couldn't remember it, but I remember the fear. And it wasn't your everyday type nightmare fear, it was this. Knowing something terrible is going to happen and you can do nothing but let it unfold.

"Don't." I started. "I have a really bad feeling about this." We came to the door. "Asher, I am terrified." He gave me a worried look as he opened the door for me and we walked out.

The sky looked like death. It was full of black and gray. It looked like the sky was warning us of what is about to happen. As if it was filled of grief for our future pain.

We started walking to the huge gazebo that the school uses for activities sometimes. There has about 30 under the gazebo and 40 just walking around by it. They were all looking up at the sky.

I heard a plane engine and realized Asher wasn't next to me anymore. He hadn't been walking with me. He had stopped. The noise of the engine got louder as I heard an unfamiliar sound. I turn around to see what everyone was looking at and what the noise was when,

"Boom!"

A bomb exploded where Asher was standing I saw his body fly up. No!

"Ahhhh!" I scream with multiple people. I ran to get into the gazebo to see two more bombs hit. I looked up to see two planes flying in the black cloudy sky. I saw one coming back. I looked around and saw only about 15 people were still alive. They were under the gazebo with me. Everyone else was dead.